VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.

Is there any fairly simple way of telling if a 1080p mp4 file was ripped from a BluRay disc, as opposed to recorded from a TV station, ripped from a streaming service etc? Other than obvious things like the presence of TV logos etc. Some kind of software that can detect this, or anything in the encoding details that is a giveaway it was not taken from a BD? Maybe something in the header? Any tips welcome.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, there isn't. In fact many warez videos tjhat say they're from a BR aren't really, they're a re encode of someone else's genuine BR rip. The ones from actual BR's should say BDRIP, and even then I'm n ot sure that's reliable
    Quote Quote  
  3. Bitrate, maybe.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    No, there isn't. In fact many warez videos tjhat say they're from a BR aren't really, they're a re encode of someone else's genuine BR rip. The ones from actual BR's should say BDRIP, and even then I'm n ot sure that's reliable
    Oh I see. I was hoping when you rip a BluRay the software that rips it puts some information in the header so you can tell it was really ripped from a real bluray disc.
    About the reencoding someone else's rip, why would they do that?
    I'm more worried a lot of them aren't even from BluRay but rips from streaming sites which is even worse.
    By the way do you know why there are so many different resolutions on BD rips? Should they all be 1080p and nothing else?
    Quote Quote