VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am attempting to capture MiniDV footage with my MacBook. It's a 2021 M1 Pro. iMovie does not import all video (random parts missing), so I am forced to use QuickTime. This issue also occurs on Intel Mac.

I have two camcorders. One (with an HDMI port) is captured with a capture card through QuickTime, and it works flawlessly.

However, I have to use another camcorder (Sony DCR-H17) via FireWire and it crashes QuickTime whenever the tape goes blank between scenes.

Is there a way to import the Sony camcorder footage 'without the data' included over FireWire, so that the computer does not detect these drops? I mean so only video goes through, without extra info. like timing. Or do you recommend any software for this issue?
    Quote Quote  
  2. miniDV should be captured via firewire port to a program that is made to DV capture. Most people use a PC for this and use Scenalyzerlive or winDV. The only person i've heard doing this successfully on a mac is using Premiere. Use a standard method to transfer those tapes and see if the issues remain.
    Quote Quote