VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I know this is probably the most useless thing to do but I have spare DV tapes from customers that need to be erased anyway and I'm trying to have some fun with backing up computer files using DV and Digital8 camcorders via firewire using DVStreamer, I downloaded the pro version and I cannot register it because all links to registration are dead, Did they offer a free license like Scenelyser did, If so where is the link?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    I know this is probably the most useless thing to do but I have spare DV tapes from customers that need to be erased anyway and I'm trying to have some fun with backing up computer files using DV and Digital8 camcorders via firewire using DVStreamer, I downloaded the pro version and I cannot register it because all links to registration are dead, Did they offer a free license like Scenelyser did, If so where is the link?
    try this - https://www.dvstreamer.com/FAQ.shtml#win64
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    What that has to do with registering the software? In other words I don't get it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    What that has to do with registering the software? In other words I don't get it.
    if the software won't connect to the server to register then try contacting support - https://www.dvstreamer.com/Support.shtml
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I've already sent them an e-mail but I have no hope that they will reply back, I believe they abandoned the development of the software years ago with a lot of bugs that needed to be addressed according to some online reading.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So you must 'register' it even though it appears to be 30 day evaluation shareware ?

What rationale in that scenario would you expect them to give it away ?

And was SCLive ever payware ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    30 day evaluation is limited in file size, I'm not expecting them to give it away, I was trying to pay but there is no registration link, The link to a website to purchase returns domain for sale. I don't understand what you mean by SCLive was a spyware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    He said 'payware' not 'spyware'. Two very different beasts.

Yes, there is a dead 'purchase' page but this one, which I guess is where you got the contact info, has a mail-addr for purchase

http://www.dvstreamer.com/Contact.shtml

I do not see why they should not reply to you. Even if the site has not been updated since 2009, they are still paying for hosting and thus expecting customers.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    That's what I don't understand, if they are paying for the website why they don't just use one of the modern payment services like Paypal even if there is no demand for the software occasional purchases like myself are better than nothing, Very weird. Still hasn't gotten an e-mail.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    They finally answered and offered the license for 10 Euros which is not bad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For the Pro version ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Yes the pro, The basic version is free, which is a trial version.
    Quote Quote