VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I've got .iso file that is just under 3.3 gigs in size. The documentation implies that it belongs in DVDs, not BluRay, and Imgburn is all fired up to burn it.

Is it possible for someone to take multiple dvds and create one large ISO file that could later be broken down into individual dvds? Will Imgburn prompt me when to load additional DVDs?

It's supposed to have multiple file from a reunion I couldn't attend, and I'd love to burn it to disk.

Thanks!

Hal
    I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it..... Yup. Spppllttt. It's gone.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    "No" to both of your questions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    An ISO is a SINGLE disc image (a "snapshot" of a disc with it's existing layout).
    One can rip the discs (or the images) to files in folders on a hard drive, then use them as sources to do a re-authoring to create a NEW disc image and burn it (if it will fit), but that's ALL.
    A NEW, combined image would NOT be able to be "broken down" again, without once again ripping, demuxing, and re-authoring, etc.

Very few media players will play ISOs directly - it's the exception rather than the rule, so I wouldn't use that contingency either.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I must be really, REALLY tired. I am getting DVDs and CDs mixed up in my head...

Thank you for the replies though. Off to burn this thing and see what it does.
    I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it..... Yup. Spppllttt. It's gone.
    Quote Quote