VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to buy a new PC this winter, but the P4 has been out for a while and i know as soon as I leave the store I'll see an ad that says "Pentium 5 coming in January! If only you would have waited you anxious bastard" or something like that. Any news on the release date so ill know when to buy a new PC?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well accoridng to this page
    http://www.intel.com/products/roadmap/index.htm?iid=ipp_dlc_procp4p+prod_roadmap&#desktop
    they'll be sticking with P4 until at least june....

However, with the Athlon 64 appearing end of september (supposedly!) i'd watch this space at the beggining of October......
    Quote Quote  
  3. There will always be something better just around the corner.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could always get a XEON and enjoy the benefits of the larger cache. That would give you a little edge on the normal P4 crowd.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From what I have read recently, they may not even be calling it a P5. Intel isn't sure yet if there will be enough change in the processor that it should lose the P4 title. Intel also doesn't see the 64bit systems becoming real popular in desktop PC's for awhile either.
    Quote Quote