VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi Eibol

Thanks for your program. I love it. I had been using FFMPEG from the command line for years because I like having finer grained control. (Plus, it's easier for me to screw up an encoding that way ) But, your program's profiles make things so much easier than having to remember different command line entries for different tasks.

I have a couple of feature requests (or maybe I am overlooking something). Would it be possible to retain the addition and placement of custom columns across sessions? It's not a big deal to add them when the program is started, but it seems that they need to be added before loading videos into the processing list. For me, anyway, if I forget and load up some videos first, the GUI will hang if I add the custom columns *after* loading videos.

Also, while the "Remember window position" setting works, can you add "Remember window size", (or just "Remember window position and size", too?

Again, neither is a big deal, just something I find myself doing repeatedly every time I open the program.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by newgeppetto View Post
    Problem solved:

I tried to change the ffmpeg with Eibol link but I had another error.

Today I copied the ffmpeg file from 2.2.4 and I overwrite it into 2.3.0 version.

Now work!
    I know it's a late reply, but, in addition to regressing to the older versions of FFMPEG, you can always compile your own binaries if the ones that Eibol includes (I believe these have been Gyan's full builds since Zeranoe stopped releasing build) do not have the functionality you seek. The media-autobuild_suite from RiCON makes compiling your own trivial under Windows and you can include, --enable, and --extra anything and everything under the sun. Just download the build script from here https://gitlab.com/RiCON/media-autobuild_suite and run it. It will prompt you step-by-step of what you wish to include or not and build the binaries for you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Does this software support 3D LUT (.cube, etc.) and Rigaya's NVEnc ?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I'll have both suggestions into account for next release.
    Cheers
    Edit: Window size is already stored, it should remember window size and location according to my tests.

Originally Posted by kiumut View Post
    Hi Eibol

Thanks for your program. I love it. I had been using FFMPEG from the command line for years because I like having finer grained control. (Plus, it's easier for me to screw up an encoding that way ) But, your program's profiles make things so much easier than having to remember different command line entries for different tasks.

I have a couple of feature requests (or maybe I am overlooking something). Would it be possible to retain the addition and placement of custom columns across sessions? It's not a big deal to add them when the program is started, but it seems that they need to be added before loading videos into the processing list. For me, anyway, if I forget and load up some videos first, the GUI will hang if I add the custom columns *after* loading videos.

Also, while the "Remember window position" setting works, can you add "Remember window size", (or just "Remember window position and size", too?

Again, neither is a big deal, just something I find myself doing repeatedly every time I open the program.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Eibol; 11th Apr 2021 at 14:52.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello and thank you Eibol for your software, it is really great.
    I have a suggestion for a future version, is it possible to add the possibility to execute a command line at the end of the execution of a file in the batch processing.
    I would like to be able to run this command after each file processed: mkvpropedit.exe file.mkv -- xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I think it's a good feature, I hope to include for next release.

Originally Posted by April View Post
    I have a suggestion for a future version, is it possible to add the possibility to execute a command line at the end of the execution of a file in the batch processing.
    I would like to be able to run this command after each file processed: mkvpropedit.exe file.mkv -- xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My laptop has amd radeon in it and i use to use gpu decode amd witch is vce name but i noticed latest version its not listed anymore anymore as gpu decode. It use to be listed not sure what version it was listed last. Was it removed from ffmpeg batch. If it was how come?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Eibol for considering my request
    I use this command because FFmpeg after transcoding does not update the video bitrate in mediainfo.
    mkvpropedit" xxx.mkv --add-track-statistics-tags

Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I think it's a good feature, I hope to include for next release.

Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, the application only lists the available sources provided by ffmpeg as decoders. I have no further control about that.
    If you can't find it, you may add it manually as a pre-input parameter, if actually ffmpeg supports it.

Originally Posted by Wizard23 View Post
    My laptop has amd radeon in it and i use to use gpu decode amd witch is vce name but i noticed latest version its not listed anymore anymore as gpu decode. It use to be listed not sure what version it was listed last. Was it removed from ffmpeg batch. If it was how come?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi Eibol,

thanks for your batch program - works like a charm. I do have a feature request though.
    Is it possible to integrate the deinterlace function? (yadif)
    It would be very useful for older video material.
    Thanks
    Michael
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by frame_michael View Post
    Hi Eibol,

thanks for your batch program - works like a charm. I do have a feature request though.
    Is it possible to integrate the deinterlace function? (yadif)
    It would be very useful for older video material.
    Thanks
    Michael
    Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I don't know much about deinterlacing, but I guess you can play with it just adding

Code:
    -vf yadif
    to your parameters, or check documentation if default filter values are not good for your purposes.

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#yadif-1

There are three parameters, they can be use like -vf yadif="0:0:0"
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @Eibol,

In the portable version (2.3.7), I encounter this error/warning when I try to do the sleep prevention setting.

[Attachment 58475 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 58476 - Click to enlarge]

Any idea why this happens?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Hi JKyle, thanks for the report, it's a bug of my latest portable reconfiguration. It'll be fixed for next release.

You can use this patched exe to test it.

Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
    @Eibol,

In the portable version (2.3.7), I encounter this error/warning when I try to do the sleep prevention setting.

[Attachment 58475 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 58476 - Click to enlarge]

Any idea why this happens?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well, unfortunately, it's not fixed by the patch.
    Actually it's worse than before. The sleep setting warning pops up every time I launch the program.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Ooops, I found another wrong path. I hope this patched executable finally fixed it.

Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
    Well, unfortunately, it's not fixed by the patch.
    Actually it's worse than before. The sleep setting warning pops up every time I launch the program.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I hope this patched executable finally fixed it.
    Super!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    After reading the latest reviews, just a reminder that in latest 2.3.7, Portable version issues have been addressed, now settings are no longer saved on appdata folder.

On next release one remaining bug on portable version is solved, and some other features I'm working on will be available, like:

- Overall encoding speed and fps displayed during sequential and multi-file encoding (good for performance comparison).
    - Average speed/fps displayed after queue encoding and saved to log.
    - New feature to run command on each successfuly encoded output file.
    - Custom columns layout saved and reloaded on startup.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    -- Edit --

I find in Automatic shutdown

---------

After reading the latest reviews, just a reminder that in latest 2.3.7, Portable version issues have been addressed, now settings are no longer saved on appdata folder.

On next release one remaining bug on portable version is solved, and some other features I'm working on will be available, like:

- Overall encoding speed and fps displayed during sequential and multi-file encoding (good for performance comparison).

Cheers
    Hello Eibol
    Thank you very much for this new version of your software.

Could you tell me how to use it ?

have a nice day
    Last edited by April; 29th Apr 2021 at 06:24.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Great, just right there
    [Attachment 58639 - Click to enlarge]

-- Edit --

I find in Automatic shutdown

---------

Cheers
    Hello Eibol
    Thank you very much for this new version of your software.

Could you tell me how to use it ?

have a nice day
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I use file list filtering with :
    video codec - any stream - h264 (or other) - keep
    the filtering works fine, but if I use :
    audio codec - any stream - eac3 (or other) - keep
    the filtering doesn't work
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Right, thanks, I found the issue. It is solved in this executable.

When I use file list filtering with :
    video codec - any stream - h264 (or other) - keep
    the filtering works fine, but if I use :
    audio codec - any stream - eac3 (or other) - keep
    the filtering doesn't work
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, the filtering works well !
    Quote Quote  
  23. Should punctuation stop subtitle burn in?

example

Y:\New to Process\Movie's (2021)\Movie's (2021).srt

Removing apostrophe from folder and file naming allowed conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  24. how can we set limit-tu? i getting error if i add following command for x265

Code:
    -limit-tu 4
    some x265 command i found here
    Code:
    https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/master/presets.html
    Last edited by iKron; 8th May 2021 at 19:46.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by firekid View Post
    how can we set limit-tu? i getting error if i add following command for x265

Code:
    -limit-tu 4
    some x265 command i found here
    Code:
    https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/master/presets.html
    Because that is not a native FFMPEG option, but rather a libx265 one, you must pass it specifically to x265.

Code:
     -c:v libx265 -x265-params "limit-tu=4:tu-inter-depth=4"
    BTW, if you change "limit-tu" to any non-zero value, your must also set "tu-inter-depth" greater than 1, or "limit-tu" will revert back to the default 0 with just a warning and proceed, i.e., your encoding will complete without error, but with "limit-tu=0".
    Quote Quote  
  26. Bug report (maybe)...

Currently using v2.3.2 Portable, so pls correct me if v.2.3.7 has fixed this.

Upon completion of an encoding queue and with 'delete files when finished' checked, sometimes there is a pop-up stating some files could not be deleted.
    However said files are in the recycle bin, not in source lfolder!

Thanx.
    Last edited by Frasier; 12th May 2021 at 00:59.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Settings files - Updating from v232 to v238 Portable?

For v232 - I found the settings .ini files in C:\Users\"user"\AppData\Roaming
    For v238 - I see there is an empy 'settings' folder made under the portable location folder.

How do we copy / transfer our presets and settings?
    - simply copy > paste or... ??
    Quote Quote  
  28. Re. New Feature in v238: - New feature to run command on each successfuly encoded output file

What is the syntac for the Arguments?
    - are any quotes (") needed around them or...?

eg. if I want to run ffmpeg.exe with arguments -c:v copy -c:a ac3 -b:a 96K -ar 44.1K
    - this results in an error, so do I need quotes around them or... ?
    Quote Quote  
  29. how can we burn .ass subtitle manually. i tried this but getting error

Code:
    -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -c:a copy -vf "ass=D\:\\Download\\aa.ass"
    Quote Quote