VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just got SVCD2DVD yesterday-after a brief play with the demo version, I realised this was going to be the answer to something I've been trying to do ever since I got my DVD burner!! Best 10 quid I sent this weekend!!

Great program, it all seems 'too easy' if that is possible!!

One question on the audio side of things. I used the MPEG option for audio encoding. It worked just fine (I assume it resamples from 44.1 to 48khz, right?). Would choosing the skip re-sample make any difference? Most DVD players will play audio CD's which are 44.1khz, so surely re-sampling to 48khz is un-necessary......isn't it??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad you like the program.

Yes most players will play 44.1Khz audio (e.g CD,VCD,SVCD). The DVD spec however calls for 48KHz audio. Whilst many players are quite lenient on certain parts of the dvd spec, most enforce this requirement & so will choke on 44.1KHz. That said there are some out there that don't and if you have such a player then you can skip the resample.

Give it a try.

(obviously if you create 44.1 DVDs & you can play them, you will probably find they wont play on your mate's DVD player or the new one you get as a replacement in 12 months time...)
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply..

So basically, it's safer to re-sample to 48khz then especially if you are looking at creating something to share with others.

It did it all pretty quickly anyway, so I guess it'll be resampling all the way for me.

Now..if you can come up with a way of burning audio to DVD and be playable on a stand alone DVD player, that would be something
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Intresting. I may look into that but in the meantime:

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=683333#
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guest
    Hmmmm.very interesting..thanks for the link!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Now..if you can come up with a way of burning audio to DVD and be playable on a stand alone DVD player, that would be something
    Well what do you know. Managed to do a proof of concept. mp3->dvd 8)

If average 128 kbit/s mp3 song is 4mb your looking at 1000+ per dvd!

Watch this space.
    Quote Quote