VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hey, is it possible to create a menu for a vcd in which the arrow keys on my remote control can be used, instead of using the numbers? it sounds dumb, but it's driving me nuts that i haven't been able to do it. anybody? thanks.

-jedikillr
    Quote Quote  
  2. With VCDeasy this is very easy.
    For every item (including the menue pages) you can define what happens if you press "previous", "next", "stop" or any number.

Markus
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, what the original poster is asking is can you make an interactive menu (like a DVD) where you use your menus arrow keys to navigate. The answer is no. That's a DVD only feature.

For VCD/CVD/SVCD you can only use the numeric keypad, the stop button, the play button, and the << >> buttons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But you can simulate the function of the arrow keys by using the next and prev track keys. It works pretty well, you hit next and the button jumps down to the next item, then you hit enter and it selects that item.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I was wondering, where in vcdeasy can you define what each button does. I am looking for it but I can't seem to find the correct options or screens to assign key functions.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look at the VCDEasy section of this guide. Even though (S)VCDs are much more limited than DVDs as far as functionality, you can still emulate just about anything a DVD can do using some clever authoring.

http://users3.ev1.net/~CavemanLawyer/
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks soo much man i have been looking and wondering how the hell i do all this shit in VCDeasy, and thanks to that link i now actually can tell what i am doing
    Quote Quote  
  8. Another choice is TSCV (no longer supported), like VCDEasy it's a GUI for VCDImager. You 'might' want to go the VCDImager homepage and read up on XML files and how VCDImager works as well (at least for some background on what VCDEasy is doing).

I still hold that the << >> keys are not the arrow keys, but I know what you mean
    Quote Quote  
  9. the closest thing to making an interactive menu for a vcd is to use Sonic's MyDVD. You can make an interactive vcd using that program
    Quote Quote  
  10. Also, some DVD players will actually do this for you. On my Sony 7000, pressing the arrow keys for a VCD make a number show on the screen, which increments or decrements, depending on which arrow is pressed. When you hit enter, it selects whichever number.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Brit
    I was wondering, where in vcdeasy can you define what each button does. I am looking for it but I can't seem to find the correct options or screens to assign key functions.

thanks
    Here's another guide for you. Between the one here and the one I gave you, you should figure this out with no problem.

Either way, it's kind of advanced, so you might want to check the guides here on dvdrhelp.com or the "prerequisite" guides mentioned beside the link to the menuing tutorial on this page.

Hope this helps!

Lisa
    Everything I know about video, I learned from:
    www.DVDHelp.us
    Quote Quote