VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but as a newbie, I have been pretty successful converting .vob files to .avi DivX or .dv files for use in iDVD. However, I have had issues with several DVD's that I recently burned, edited with iMovie, and then burned to iDVD. I converted the files to .dv from .vob (.avi DiVX was giving me problems). The .dv files were crystal clear when played on QuickTime, but after I burned the DVD, the picture would "shake" when there was a lot of movement or action on the screen - making the picture shaky/blurry throughout the movie. Is there anyway I can fix this by converting the .dv file to another format (I tried a .mov file but this was still shaky) or changing some other video parameter?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    should read "burned when using iDVD"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This sounds like an interlacing field dominance issue. There are some good articles about this on Apple's support site. Here's a good one to start with: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58634

If you use Toast 7 or 8 instead of iDVD it has a custom encoder setting where you can specify the field order.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Is there a way to deal with the interlacing issue other than Final Cut Pro?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    for iMovie:
    JES Deinterlacer
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks terry, but the JES Interlacer keeps freezing after a few seconds of deinterlacing the video. I've tried several times. Dumb question but I see "deinterlace" under the image filters for ffmpegx...would this deinterlace the video?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    try this one, SPAM ,iv got same problem with u these days, hoping it do help to ur in converting avi DivX to DVD ,maybe other formats u can have a try,last time buddy pattrick wanna convert ,then serching in google, finally found this sofrware ,but its shareware. anyways u can download it ,as its free downloading.good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEGStreamClip (free-donation-ware)

at http://www.squared5.com/

would also be an option.
    Quote Quote