VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi i have a kvcd mpeg NTSC file that i want to burn to cd , first i tried using vcdgear to get cue/bin files but i get a message sayin unable to open cd-i application files. check you settings so i tried nero next but it says the file is too large for cd-r which i dont understand as the file its self is only 613MB but nero shows it as being over 1000MB , any ideas would be helpfull thanks

p.s i need to change it to PAL format
    Quote Quote  
  2. i managed using vcdeasy but can someone tell me how to properly create chapters using it its vcdeasy 3.0.1 commercial edition
    Quote Quote  
  3. Change type: sorry, you need to re-encode the whole movie losing time and a little quality, due to the re-encidung. A PAL MPG can create only a PAL (S)VCD and the same for NTSC. This is one reason for which the 'format' for movie exporting is AVI, not mpeg.

.................................................. .................................................. ......

Go to the 'video-cd' screen of VCDGear. Click on the blue 'Video-CD options' raw, left of the screen, which lies under the 'VideoCD creation method' dropdown menu.
    In the screen that follows the 'Video-CD options' menu, be careful that you can see the 'Video-CD' window , which can be selected from the top menu. Once selected, it appears on the screen: 'Add CD-I Application' (to be checked):
    CDI_IMAG.RTF (a button which shows a path)
    CDI_TEXT.FNT (a button which shows a path)
    CDI_VCD.APP (a button which shows a path)
    CDI_VCD.CFG (a button which shows a path)
    Click the 4 buttons and select the directory where those applications are in your PC (usually in the C:\...\VCDGear\Cdi subfolder of the folder where you copied the program VCDGear). I hope you already have all files placed there, or you'll need to find them somewhere.
    Sometimes, those files can lie in a .ZIP file located on C:\..\VCDGear\Cdi.
    You can leave all other options (VideoCD and all other menus) at the default values.

.................................................. .................................................. ......

For Chapters with VCDEasy, nothing is simpler: select the 'Chapters' screen (3rd button , at the top of the main window). Select e.g. 'Chapters Every' 5 minutes, putting the number "5" in the box (it will appear: 0:05:00.000 in that box, and will be remain that way, untill you'll change it), and generate them clicking on the 'Ok' button close that box. The list of all the created chapters will appear in the right of the window. After they, you can create the image/ the VCD going back to the 'Main' screen.
    Quote Quote