VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. lordsmurf after seeing your post i too ordered 5 spindles of these on 12/12 just checked and saw they were shipped on 12/17,will happily let you know the codes when i recieve them,, thanks lordsmurf
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That sucks. You order after me and mine gets cancelled? What the f--- ????
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Stores are under no legal obligation to honor their mistakes in pricing. Good stores do; bad stores don't.

Best Buy has clearly shown which type of store they are.
    Still a few bugs in the system...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This looks like a bit like a bait and switch, with out the switch.
    The general rule in Ontario is that if an item in store is mis-priced (lower sticker) then you get it at the stickered price. However strictly a sale is a contract between you and the store. You agree to pay the stickered price and they agree to let you have it at that price. The contract must be fair and equitable to both parties. In other words, they don't have to sell you the product at a loss and can refund your money (in full) to cancel the contract.
    However in the interest of good customer relations they usually sell you the product at the lower price and then fix the error so they don't do it again.
    There may be a law regarding this however I cannot find it. In general pricing practices are self regulated by the retail industry.
    All around it sucks for the consumer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My understanding, B&M stores only, is that the store is REQUIRED to give you the price marked, even if a mistake so long as the customer or another person has not tampered with the pricing system. Of course there are lots of guidelines and exceptions like if they forgot to take down a lower price on the shelf, but the sticker has a range of dates the price is good for, then they don't have to honor that price. If a store makes a price mistake in a circular and advertises in the local paper and makes customers aware at the door of the mistake, they then don't have to honor that price either.

I have never heard of any rules for honoring prices when it comes to the internet. I think they can get away with pretty much anything because of the lack of regulation for buisness on the internet. Just like grey areas for taxes and internet sales, honoring the price listed is really wishy washy.

I remeber several years ago looking for the Silence of the Lambs Criterion DVD. It was going for good money at the time so I was checking out Half.com. Well, they didn't have it, but they provided a link to a site that did and it turned out to be $5. I called the company and verified that they would honor their price and they said they most certainly would. I ordered two copies and was quite satisified. I think the depersonalization of the internet has brought down a lot of the integrity that companies had when they had to talk to you face to face in a show room and haggle with you. Now a days they just cancel your order based on a company policy written in really small print on an obscure page off their website.

I know the IRS doesn't let me go when I screw up my taxes, why should companies get off when they make a pricing mistake?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many of the orders went through completely, but a lot of them (mine included) were cut down to 3 spindles. (I originally ordered 5). Some got entirely cancelled. My now-3 were shipped out a day or two ago.

Not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, it was obviously a pricing error. They weren't under obligation to honour it for anyone. But the fact they DID send out some people's 16-20+ spindle orders bothered me because I only ordered 5 and they cut that back. :P I called and got some bogus story about being a "bulk order" that would have to go through the "bulk order" department if I wanted that many again.

I don't think it was entirely a scam but it definitely could've been handled better (As so many things from BB could).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got mine today abour 11 am.
    Were ProdiscF01.
    Burned 2 already but havn't got to watch them.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Same thing about the Pioneer 225. The site list as having hight spped HD to Disk recording... What HD!
    Quote Quote  
  9. I also ordered the $3.99 for 25 Fuji DVD-R discs, received a backorder notice but then received an email that they had shipped on the 17th. The media code is prodiscF01, 8x speed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Got my 3 remaining spindles.
    Those SOB's never even returned my e-mail/call about the 5 spindles being cancelled.

Anyway, PRODISCF01, works great.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ialso recieved prodisc f01
    Quote Quote