VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using a perfectly cleaned and well-treated JVC VCR. I put a burned tape in, which was playing just fine. I'm using OBS as my display.

The tape begins, about a minute in. I begin rewinding, and it's showing the footage scrubbing through. Then, it cuts to black.

I've tried rewinding it, FF, changing inputs, everything looks great internally, the correct channel still appears when I remove/stop tape AND a timer still shows for the correct time on the footage.

Any advice here, now I'm completely stuck
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-25 193007.png
Views:	12
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	64521  

Quote Quote  
  2. I had a similar situation recently. In a hindsight, I should not have played the tape, clearly it was sitting in some hot sunny place (the box would shed thin plastic coating that I did not even know was there). The tape would play a little then stop. It would not FF, it would REW for a while then stop. I suppose, it was all gooey or was shedding the coating. Then the image went completely black. I managed to removed the tape, played another one that I knew was good, and the picture still was black. I let it play for a while, and the picture came back, I guess the heads un-clogged. I immediately threw away the bad tape.
    Quote Quote