+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone knows how to make Samsung HT-D5300 Region free, Plz
    I need the procedure Plz,Plz,Plz
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Who told you that you could make that region free before you bought it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Samsung and Sony players all over the world are the most difficult to make region free. The vast majority of models they sell cannot be made region free.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply,

I bought this in New Jersey during my summer holidays, But I live in Ireland I know I made a mistake but I hope there is anyway I could do with this player to make it a region free, as it sucks when I try to play any UK or Irish Dvds...

Can anyone suggest something or Iwill through it to the Bin.. seriously..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Copies of your DVDs will be "region free"....although your DVDs will still be European PAL video format. You might be able to get the player to accept those.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, my DVD Player is from USA and the DVDS I watch here in Ireland are region coded, what i need is to make my DVD Player Region free If Possible to read any DVDs from any country, thats my problem exactly.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's rather unfortunate that you just assumed you could buy any old Blu Ray player and make it region free. We've had an unconfirmed report of exactly ONE Samsung Blu Ray player sold in the USA/Canada that can be made region free. I don't remember the model number. But it's probably not yours.

To re-state what hech54 said, you'll have to rip your DVDs to a PC and reburn them to new discs. Ripping removes region coding. Your Samsung player will with almost 100% certainty only be able to output NTSC video so you'll need a TV that can do something sensible with NTSC input signals or even reburning them as region free DVDs won't work for you.

Hollywood has forced manufacturers to really crack down on the practice of producing region free players for the USA and Canada and almost everybody has complied. Samsung and Sony have complied with more gusto than any other major manufacturers. It really is not a good idea for people who don't live in North America to buy North American DVD or Blu Ray players. You could probably count on one hand the entire number of Blu Ray player models sold in North America that can be made region free even if only for DVD playback.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I got it now, and I also bought a Samsung Smart Tv from USA and brought it here in Ireland, so I have NTSC TV which can play DVDs from the DVD Player, I just wanted to make my DVD Player region free, which I understood that I have to burn the CDS first on my PC and than I can play the copy on the player.

well its a big hassle to burn and copy the rented movies, i mean its just a waste of time, I thought maybe If it is possible to upgrade the firmware inside the player or do something to make it work with the european dvds
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi,

I found the following worked for us:

1. Turn player on using remote
    2. Wait until the player stops processing
    3. Open the tray using the remote
    4. Close the tray using the remote
    5. Wait until the "No Disc" message is displayed
    6. Press "Repeat" on the remote (just under the 9)
    7. Enter the code for region (for Region 4: 76884)
    8. The region of your player will be displayed in the top right hand corner of your screen
    9. Enter 9
    10. Power the player off using the remote.
    11. Enter a region coded DVD and try it out.

Codes that I think will work for other regions:
    R1 - 29334
    R2 - 57538
    R3 - 56732
    R4 - 76884
    R5 - 53814
    R6 - 24462

You may need to repeat Steps 6 and 7 twice to make this work.

HTH
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I find it really odd that in recent days that people are joining the forums simply to post hacks to old threads asking about them. We're getting enough of these posts to make me deeply suspicious that something is going on here that is not on the level.

I have no idea is AussieUser is sincere and this is a working hack or if this is just some joke that will not work at all or will actually brick a Samsung player. Do note that while it's still true that Samsung players around the world are notoriously difficult to unlock that the few we've had reports of being able to be unlocked have often been sold in Australia. So there is some chance that this may be a completely honest post but the hack code won't work on models sold anywhere else in the world. Anyway, aakakar, if you happen to see this thread and try the hack, let us know what happens.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I find it really odd that in recent days that people are joining the forums simply to post hacks to old threads asking about them. We're getting enough of these posts to make me deeply suspicious that something is going on here that is not on the level.
    You are not alone. I smell serious bullshit whenever that happens....unfortunately people desperate for a hack are often very disappointed.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well guys it didn't work at all, nothing appears on the screen either right or left, it really sucks, i am just waiting for christmas season to buy a new dvd player to buy, in case anyone finds any hack by christmas I would owe him, I will really appreciate it,
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think Oz was a special case. IIRC, back in the DVD days there was either a Court case, or an Aus. Gov. agency "advised" Companies that Region Locking was an Anti Consumerist practice, so manufacturers allowed either Region Free models or easily hackable DVD players to be sold. Then the waters got muddied by the introduction of BD players, which the Corporations used as a new excuse to start clamping down again on consumers, but this time they'd had more time to get the legislature into their pockets.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our dvd players section.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys. I live in Australia and I just bought the Samsung HT-D5300 and was shocked to find it is not region-free. I just figured the manufacturers had given-up on that crap. I used the crack from the post from 'AussieUser' and it worked a charm. I had to repeat steps 6 and 7 three times, but it worked. Thanks for that!

I think it would be worth you guys giving it a try again, repeating steps 6 and 7 for a while. The region code may end up popping up. Just wanted to let you know.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi All, this is the first post on the forum - as I have had huge success in the past grabbing a hack and getting it to work.... this is the first one that has stumped me. Most of my hacks have been to play my kids region2 movies from the family in Denmark. Now we've moved to denmark - and - duh - I figured I would buy a new hackable player before coming over.....

So I bought a Samsung Ht-D5300. Region 1, bought in the states. I checked the forum first - to see if there were in fact hacks available (check). I want to set it to region free.

There seem to be a bunch of region hacks out there that are similar:

Here's what I have been doing:

Power on (clears RAM....)
    no disc in player
    player in the 'home screen' on video (with the bouncing musical note)
    at the 'no-disc' on the front screen
    push:
    -repeat-
    2 9 3 3 4
    -repeat-

I get nada in form of response from the unit.

I have assumed to use 29334 as it is a region 1 player. I have also tried the 57538 code (region 2). I have not tried all the other codes to see if they draw a response from the unit.

I'm hoping to appeal to you good folk that know a bit (lot) more than me on this stuff. I have now read (too late!) that samsung is pretty tight on this stuff and controls it strongly.

ANY help is really appreciated!

thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote