VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After I got done with editing my new video, How I got my name, I started exporting the video. Around the middle of exporting, my laptop crashed. It was very similar to an overheat crash. Although, my fan wasn't even close to hot. Could I get an answer why? I promised an upload and now i'm really sad...

Sincerely, Anothuor.
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  2. Run Core Temp while encoding. What kind of temperatures do you get?

https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Also, it generally helps if you indicate what CPU you are using, what O/S, what software, what codecs, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know my laptop fan does not go to 176 degrees, stop sending me false applications.
    Quote Quote  
  4. 176 F (80 C) would not be unusual for a laptop's core temperature under heavy load.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    176 F (80 C) would not be unusual for a laptop's core temperature under heavy load.
    Yes, jagabo is right.
    Quote Quote  
  6. 176 C would definitely indicate a problem. But I doubt you could ever see that value in Core Temp because the computer would have crashed before temperatures got that high.
    Quote Quote  
  7. look at windows event log
    Quote Quote  
  8. What video editor?

Usually "overheat crashes" do not occur, because CPU/GPU throttle speed with modern hardware

What do you mean by "overheat crash" ? What symptoms are you observing ? Describe them e.g. did the OS crash, editor crash ? what error messages ? BSOD ?
    Quote Quote