VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes I get on startup "UEFI defaults have been loaded, press F2 to enter setup or F1 to continue." I have an Asrock motherboard, and at https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/uefi-defaults-have-been-loaded.2754234/ I found 2 other users with Asrock motherboard having the same problem. Does anyone know cause of or fix for this problem, and do you think this may be a fault or failure associated with Astock motherboards?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i've had good luck with asrock motherboards in general. if i had one that wouldn't keep it's bios settings the first thing i would try is replacing the cmos battery. usually a "2032" flat cell watch type on the motherboard.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. What Aedipuss said. Then I'd check the voltages from the power supply - it's surprising how many issues stem from overly cheap or failing power supplies.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I replaced the battery with new one and so far so good, but I won't know for sure for few days whether the problem may continue. However, I suspect the motherboard may have gone bad. I didn't mention it before, but when the BIOS resetting problem occurred, I also had problems with hard drives being recognized in both the BIOS and in Windows resulting in startup problems. The only way I could get drives correctly recognized was to try different sata ports. This problem in addition to the BIOS reset problem supports the conclusion that it's likely a bad motherboard I think.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There have been no more BIOS resets or hard drive recognition issues since new battery was installed. It appears a bad battery may have been the cause of both problems, and I’ll post back here if the problems recur.

There’s 1 other small problem I noticed for Internet Explorer 11 in Win10. According to several searches I did right click at top o IE11 and place check by “Show tabs on a separate line” is supposed to result in a search box appearing to the riightt of the address window. However, this results in no search box showing in my IE11. Does anyone know anything about this problem or know how to fix it? It’s no big problem since I use Firefox for most browsing and use IE only when required by certain sites, but it’s perplexing why my IE11 doesn’t behave like it should.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bevills1 View Post
    There have been no more BIOS resets or hard drive recognition issues since new battery was installed. It appears a bad battery may have been the cause of both problems, and I’ll post back here if the problems recur.

There’s 1 other small problem I noticed for Internet Explorer 11 in Win10. According to several searches I did right click at top o IE11 and place check by “Show tabs on a separate line” is supposed to result in a search box appearing to the riightt of the address window. However, this results in no search box showing in my IE11. Does anyone know anything about this problem or know how to fix it? It’s no big problem since I use Firefox for most browsing and use IE only when required by certain sites, but it’s perplexing why my IE11 doesn’t behave like it should.
    did you try resetting to default settings in internet explorer 11 ??
    Quote Quote