VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an empty main menu into which I have added a pre-made motion menu (M2V) that I created in Adobe Premiere. There's a 20 second intro and then another 20 seconds or so of the main background with the text/menu options, which I want to loop after the intro has played.

After adding the video, I added a new cell in DVD Lab Pro and dragged the start point of Cell 2 at the point where I want the looping section to begin (Cell 1 being the intro). I also added a sub-picture (BMP) in order to add buttons for Cell 2, as I don't want any buttons on Cell 1. After adding the sub-picture, I created group hotspots to link to the various videos on the disc as this is the cell where I want the buttons to become available.

However, after rendering the DVD out to a temp folder, when I play back the DVD in PowerDVD, none of my buttons appear after the 20 second intro. Cell 2 loops as I need it to, but there are no buttons at all. Does anyone know why this might happen and how to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I remember a similar topic a while back - it can be linked to at the bottom of this page.

Essentially for motion menus you create the menu/links on a blank canvas first BEFORE you add the video. The help pages should guide you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think I've always done it this way before (that is, adding the video then the sub-picture, hotspots, etc).

I'll remove the video and try doing the sub-picture stuff again first but I don't see what difference that would make in terms of compiling.
    Quote Quote