VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I may be doing something really stupid, or missing an easy point, but will anybody HELP!!!

I've tried over a dozen times to create a DVD-R with 2 movies and a MENU and have, as of yet not got a working result.

I either get the black screen, which if I press play the first film plays, OR I get an empty VIDEO_TS folder.

A step by step guide would be helpful.

ANYBODY.

Cheers and thanx in advance.......
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok well all you need to do is get your movie files togather
    double click on the +vts to make another vts
    drag what ever files you want to be in second part of the dvd
    set your chapter langth
    click menu from there you should see a simple menu
    on the right type your movie names
    then click make menu
    and then back to svcd2dvdmpg+ and click start
    and that should be it
    one thing i have noticed is that once you change the name of the movie on the menu screen you want to click off of it so it saves it other wise it will come out like "movie name" movie 2
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanx for the help.
    Did as instructed but still got a black screen, can press up and downd to start film 1 or film 2, but dont get a menu screen to indicate name of films..
    Quote Quote  
  4. bubbz007
    I've just tried using a menu for the first time (after using the program successfully without producing a menu several times) and got the same result as smig44. It behaves as if the menu is present, but not visible (i.e. as said above, the screen is black, but you can select the two films by pressing up/down and play). The only thing i did in addition to urie's instructions was change the font size.

I am using build 1.0.1271.35733, which i believe is the most recent version.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by bubbz007
    I've just tried using a menu for the first time (after using the program successfully without producing a menu several times) and got the same result as smig44. It behaves as if the menu is present, but not visible (i.e. as said above, the screen is black, but you can select the two films by pressing up/down and play). The only thing i did in addition to urie's instructions was change the font size.

I am using build 1.0.1271.35733, which i believe is the most recent version.

Any ideas?
    Update (I was bubbz007 in the post above): I just noticed that menu.mpg in the directory of the menu i used (Menus\Badger #2\NTSC2) is only 6.02kb, seems a bit small, is this related to the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I had this problem with an older version of svcd2dvdmpg+..I think in the end it turned out to be a mis-placed dll or reg entry.

What OS are yo using ? I was running Win XP Pro..which fixed it... it also worked for my 2K machine...but perhaps if you're on 98/me/etc... it's still present ?

I'm sure Chrissyboy will be in touch with you once he reads this...
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm using win2k, I also had to copy the cyg* dll's to a different folder so the program could find them.

Without the menu's I've found the program excellent, been really pleased with it, just tried this for the first time today.

Dave H: have you tried using a menu with the most recent build ( 1.0.1271.35733) ? Is it possible a previous bug has returned?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm using windows XP Pro also, and am still trying to get a successful result after MANY attempts...
    Quote Quote  
  9. I tried to burn my files with Nero and i got an error.

I figured out, that my VIDEO_TS.IFO has 0 bytes and NO VIDEO_TS.BUP files exists. Perhaps this is the problem.

If i load the VIDEO_TS.IFO with Power-DVD it sais "Unsupported File Type"

Please help me
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    are you guys testing the meus on your standalones or your computer, perhaps its your dvd player im not to sure, i didnt have any problems you guys descrbed sorry i couldnt be more help
    perhaps chrissyboy will be able to give more info
    Quote Quote  
  11. Looks like I spoke too soon!

I've just converted 2 films..and have been presented with the 0k video_ts.ifo and no video_ts.bup error.

As I said earlier..this problem was resolved in an older version...CB released an update which fixed it... however... this is the first time I've tried the newest version..so it looks like the error has re-occurred.

We are testing on our pc's..however, there's no need to..as a 0k file is obviously not meant to be there...

Come back CB...we miss you!
    Quote Quote  
  12. SVCD2DVDMPG told me, that i can get the latest Menu-Version on his hompepage, i i can´t find it.

Propably i got an onlder version.

Can anybody post the downloadlink to the latest Menu-Version?

btw. I bought SVCD2DVDMPG today!!! *gg*

I tested the Version on my SAP and it didn´t work!!!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Cause there were questions about the menu i tried to but all i got were errors.

I've updated to the latest version and using Win XP. So i can't help you guys figure out the problem

Yf

BTW: did some of you try to creat you own menu with more then 2 vts?
    Quote Quote  
  14. BTW, i would like to create PAL Menus.

Did anybody create some PAL Menus without any problems, or only NTSC Menus?
    Quote Quote  
  15. My video_ts.ifo and video_ts.bup are 12kb each, video_ts.vob is 6kb. Not 0kb like a few of you have. Still just gives a black screen when tested on on standalone or pc.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I tried to create a NTSC Menu and it works

PAL won´t but NTSC does.

WTF?
    Quote Quote  
  17. ooh..i'll give ntsc a go tonight
    Quote Quote  
  18. what versions of menu and svcddvd2mpg are you using and what OS cause mine isn't working..
    Quote Quote  
  19. I got the latest Version of SVCD2DVDMPEG+ and the included Movie-Version!

I bought it Yesterday!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Did anybody solve this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  21. for some reason..my menu's now work ?!

I didn't change anything, or install any updates... musta just been me pc playing up on the day....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should now be ok with version 1.0.1293.18567

http://www.svcd2dvdmpg.com/SVCD2DVDMPG/Software/svcd2dvdmpg+history.aspx
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  23. WHEY-HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got it to work.
    Cheers ChrissyBoy, many thanx for your time and effort
    Quote Quote  
  24. New version working for me too thanks
    Quote Quote  
  25. Lugg
    An me finally!!!

Quote Quote  
  26. Lugg
    How about this for weird put 2 films onto dvd made a pal menu using menu 1 and worked fine.
    Did another and it had no text, used all the same settings except i used diff fonts on the 2?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Lugg
    Any ideas Chrissyboy?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I shall look into it. (I got the same issue)
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote