VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This particular source I am working on deinterlaces and looks great but in the CGI parts or fast moving scenes, there are these leftover lines/combing artifacts. I'm pretty sure I am using TIVTC correctly on it.
    tfm(order=1).tdecimate(mode=1,hybrid=0)

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about. You will notice them most just off to the side of the vehicle.

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/GOwwc6d.png

I tried my usual fix for these which is Santiag() and it removed them, but its destructive to and or smears things like text on the license plate for example and some details in more detailed scenes. Here is a before and after shot of the video with Santiag() being used on it.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/118750

I also tried QTGMC and it did get rid of them, but even with sourcematch=3 it was way too destructive on things for me to accept. Entire parts of things disappeared or smudged out, especially on the reflection on the glass. It became a solid smear and no longer looked like trees.

Does anyone have other suggestions on things to try to remove these?? I would like the effect of Santiag without the smearing or destruction of some things.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Probably vinverse or vinverse2

But I would try to get something better with some IVTC options first
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could use vInverse() along with an edge mask to protect higher contrast detail:

Code:
    edges = mt_edge(chroma="-128")
    Overlay(vInverse(), last, mask=edges)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You could use vInverse() along with an edge mask to protect higher contrast detail:

Code:
    edges = mt_edge(chroma="-128")
    Overlay(vInverse(), last, mask=edges)
    I tried vinverse(amnt=5, sstr=3.5, scl=1.0) and it was less destructive than santiag to details, but it also seemed to use some form of DNR or clean the image up some. It did remove some detail, and was still destructive, but not nearly as much as Santiag did. It reduced the visibiity of the artifacts to an acceptable amount, but did not clean them as well as Santiag did.

I did not however try it with a mask. I will have to try that and see if it wields any better results. I'm not too experienced with creating and using masks so I will give what you suggested a try.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Probably vinverse or vinverse2

But I would try to get something better with some IVTC options first
    I fooled with and tried so many combinations of tfm and tdecimate settings that I gave up on that. I literally spent a couple hours trying lots of combinations.

I did not know there was a vinverse2, is there supposed to be a major difference with it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    killerteengohan Could you point out exactly where these artifacts are?
    This is serious, I have a good vision but I do not see anything wrong with this image.
    Sorry, but I really would like to know where there is some flaw in that.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1534641627_9365712804.png
Views:	266
Size:	670.2 KB
ID:	46570  

Quote Quote  
  7. He's talking about the blurring of the small text on the licence plate, etc.
    Quote Quote