VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've finally given up trying to rip THE OTHERS to 1 DVD-R.

I don't know what they've done to it, but nothing seems able to transcode the M2V stream successfully, and yet the original DVD plays OK in everything I tried.

ReMPEG2 gave me hideous results; very blocky. And various versions of tmpgenc messed up the movie length somehow, so after transcoding it the audio was out of sync. I tried a whole bunch of other tools too with no joy.

Does anyone know what they've done to protect this disc?
    And is there a way to get round it in the future?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are things that can happen to cause you these problems.
    1) Studio intro is 29.97fps NTSC interleaved.
    2) Rating screeen (of FBI warning) is Bottom Frame First 29.97 NTSC interleaved.
    3) Main movie is 23.979fps(?) PROGRESSIVE FILM.

Each one requires a different setting to transcode. Best way is to either strip out #1 and/or #2, then transcode #3 separately. Or, you could split this into 3 parts, and transcode each one as it needs to be transcoded.

If you set your transcoder using the settings for #1, then #2 and #3 will be screwed up. If you use #2, then #1 and #3 will be screwed up. And on and on...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i just finished up the others yesterday, i used cce to transcode and then scenarist to author the disc. everything works perfect. i had some major problems with rempeg as well when the file size was right at 4.37GB, then with cce the file size is about 1.5GB and the picture has undiscernable differences from the original
    Quote Quote