VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Have a Philips BDP3406/F7 Bluray player that was updated by accident, and now it has Cinavia protection. Has version 2.41 on it now, so I'm looking for version 2.16 or whichever version that doesn't include the Cinavia protection. I have read were some people have did luck downgrading. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    We actually have another thread on the same subject but I think a different Philips model and the conclusion there seems to be that some recent firmwares CANNOT be downgraded at all. Good luck. Maybe someone will follow up with a link to an older firmware. Let us know if you are able to downgrade or not as even failure might be useful for others to know about.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by JoeDirt13 View Post
    Have a Philips BDP3406/F7 Bluray player that was updated by accident, and now it has Cinavia protection. Has version 2.41 on it now, so I'm looking for version 2.16 or whichever version that doesn't include the Cinavia protection. I have read were some people have did luck downgrading. Thanks.
    Hi JoeDirt,

Are you sure that version 2.41 has Cinavia on it? (I have that player and version but haven't seen it come up, although I haven't had any media that would trigger it I don't think...)

I need to double check because Philips just released an even newer firmware for that player here dated 1-5-13, and it's version 2.46 (or at least a certain serial number of them which mine has, the GS2 ones). Anyway the only change in the release notes is for "Verance 1.5 verification" and my research showed it was Cinavia so of course, I wasn't interested in applying it since I figured this player was perhaps old enough to be Cinavia free.

But if as you claim it's already on there (which is shady because it isn't noted in previous versions) there's no reason not to upgrade as other things may be fixed. Region free still works for me with 2.41 for instance, even though some people say it's disable with that version. (I really wish they'd list all the "fixes" but it seems like they don't - Netflix etc. performed better after past upgrades and they didn't always note that!)

Can people help clear this up?
    Last edited by nuttinhon3y; 7th Jan 2013 at 19:13.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    JoeDirt gave up when he didn't hear what he wanted to hear and he never logged in again after Oct. 1. You can find this out by looking at his profile.

I have no idea if anyone else can provide the info you are looking for. Most of us don't have Philips BluRay players for a variety of reasons, although quite a few of us, including me, do have their DVD players.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I forgot I made this post. I finally found the Philips 2.26 firmware update, and downgraded the firmware from 2.41. It worked like a charm. No Cinavia that all!!! I've tried it on 3 different machines, 2 GS1's and GS2. I have both firmware versions. jman98 it can be done, and was done. Within the last month, I bought a couple of refurbished players on Ebay selling for $44.99 shipping included. You have to make sure you format your smaller usb drive in FAT only.
    Quote Quote