VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering if anybody has succussfully edited and burned AVCHD to a blu ray disc and played it back on a blu ray player? If so, what does the quality appear to be? Is it worth all the hassel or is it just a way to burn large files on a single disc?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    You answered your own question...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes, I do that alot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am capturing my HDV footage to my computer and will burna blu ray dvd.
    i am going to play it back on my PS3.
    As far as I know and I did talk to Sony Vegas support, there is no consumer level Blu-ray dvd authorizing software, can anyone let me know if there is any?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I "heard" (I have not tried this) that Right now, with UVS 11.5 (that's Ulead Video Studio), you can also burn HD video on to an AVCHD disc (standard DVD media) with still menus, to play on a PS 3 or other BD player.

They have a Trial version -- might be worth a shot...

NOTE: I have used Ulead software to make HD-DVD's on regular DVD5 media (aka 3x DVD), and they worked in my Toshiba HD-DVD Player. I don't have a BD Player at the moment -- but plan to get one soon...

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try Pinnacle Studio 11 Plus, I've been editing HD content (m2ts) and burned projects on reg DVDs and HD DVDs, it has the optoion of burning Blu-Ray projects, but since I don't have a Blu-Ray Burner, cannot try it, but give it a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by GeorgeW
    I "heard" (I have not tried this) that Right now, with UVS 11.5 (that's Ulead Video Studio), you can also burn HD video on to an AVCHD disc (standard DVD media) with still menus, to play on a PS 3 or other BD player.

NOTE: I have used Ulead software to make HD-DVD's on regular DVD5 media (aka 3x DVD), and they worked in my Toshiba HD-DVD Player. I don't have a BD Player at the moment -- but plan to get one soon...

Regards,
    George
    I have upgraded the MovieFactory 6 Plus with HD-Pack for $20!

I am now able to make Blu-ray BDMV with super looking Menu's with a Pioneer BDR-202 burner with HDV footage from a Canon HV20. Plays great on a PS3 with full HD glory. The great thing about this software is that it is so simple, cheap and no video re-encoding. The audio can be converted to Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Made a Blu-ray BDMV with a 12 minute HDV footage under 6 minutes!. I have also made a AVCHD with the same footage on a normal DVD with a BDMV stucture that plays on PS3 and picture quality is just amazing, but this takes some time in rendering to the AVCHD format. I have found that this software is the best I seen so far, and will only use this in the future for HD work. For SD I will still use DVDLAB Pro 2 with Womble Mpeg Video Wizard.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dhnj
    Originally Posted by GeorgeW

Regards,
    George
    I have upgraded the MovieFactory 6 Plus with HD-Pack for $20!

I am now able to make Blu-ray BDMV with super looking Menu's with a Pioneer BDR-202 burner with HDV footage from a Canon HV20. Plays great on a PS3 with full HD glory. The great thing about this software is that it is so simple, cheap and no video re-encoding. The audio can be converted to Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Made a Blu-ray BDMV with a 12 minute HDV footage under 6 minutes!. I have also made a AVCHD with the same footage on a normal DVD with a BDMV stucture that plays on PS3 and picture quality is just amazing, but this takes some time in rendering to the AVCHD format. I have found that this software is the best I seen so far, and will only use this in the future for HD work. For SD I will still use DVDLAB Pro 2 with Womble Mpeg Video Wizard.
    I forgot to mention Ulead's MovieFactory (thanks for reminding me ). Both VideoStudio and MovieFactory have "similar" DVD AUthoring workflows -- I actually use both packages for my HD-DVD's (and soon to be BD's). Ulead has been ahead of the consumer HD pack (imho) -- I remember making HD-DVD's (3x DVD) back in May, 2006 with MovieFactory 5

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ROXIO DVDit Pro does blu ray authorizing as well..
    Quote Quote