VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have two memorable anime clips from dvd I own.
    1) The cute lion cub Simba becomes The Lion King from The Lion King II - Simba's Pride.

2) Where The Master Shifu finds out that Po is capable, and the master Shifu successfully trains and offloads all the knowledge to Po. And Po panda becomes The Dragon Warrior from Kung Fu Panda.

As source is pre-owned DVD, this time I would prefer to author VCD, but I have absolutely no experience in authoring VCD. Any help from The Masters?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A respectful bow to all masters who turned Po into The Dragon Warrior.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the loss of quality going to vcd and no difference in price of cd vs. dvd blanks means it's a losing effort. just cut the clips and burn to dvdr.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately, your question will get a lot of replies like the one from aedipuss. Personally, I don't care WHY you want to do this so I will try to help you.

The best tool under Windows for doing this is VCDeasy. Unfortunately it WILL NOT WORK AT ALL on Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. If you don't have XP or earlier, DO NOT TRY TO USE IT. You will be wasting your time. If you can use it, there are guides and a free version you can use.

I think VCDgear can create very simple VCDs and it should run under Windows Vista, Win 7 and Win 8. If you search our Tools section for VCD, you can find various other old programs, but they may or may not work as they haven't been updated in years.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally posted by aedipuss
    the loss of quality going to vcd and no difference in price of cd vs. dvd blanks means it's a losing effort. just cut the clips and burn to dvdr.
    I agree, I already have these clips on DVD and BD, but still I will prefer to have it on VCD as a respectful tribute to The Masters.

With an addition to one FuNNY Clip coz FuN is everywhere, only the matter is how you get it.

There is always hard time to learn from tough masters
    “Obeying the master is not a weakness”
    Last edited by enim; 19th Aug 2013 at 16:20.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I can not jump out of Windows, as I am playing with mountain lions, snow leopards and penguins. I will probably drop idea of VCD with a respectful bow and tribute.
    Thanks to jman98 and aedipuss.
    Last edited by enim; 19th Aug 2013 at 15:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VCDGear will also run on OS X and Linux, though you may only be able to find console versions, and I'm not sure if there are any builds that'll run on Lion/Mountain Lion. You may be able to use it to generate something you can then take to a burning program (if some of the burning programs (including Toast, or some of the freeware options) don't support creation of S/VCD already.)

Edit: Burn (OS X) does appear to support conversion and creation of SVCD/VCD from video clips you give it. I haven't tried it, though.
    Last edited by Ai Haibara; 19th Aug 2013 at 17:09.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  7. @ Ai Haibara
    Thanks for your inputs.
    Edit: Burn (OS X) does appear to support conversion and creation of SVCD/VCD from video clips you give it. I haven't tried it, though.
    Making a VCD was not a primary pursose originally, as well.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by enim View Post
    ...i already have these clips on dvd and bd, but still i will prefer to have it on vcd as a respectful tribute to the masters.

what?

Name:  kQFmRVd.gif
Views: 7156
Size:  953.3 KB
    Quote Quote