VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have recently installed a TiVi-digitalTV-Box in my TV-system but when I connect my JVC-dvdrecorder to the TiVobox (scart out from TiVo, scart in to the JVC) I get an error message saying something about TiVi-HDCP-protection. In other words, it is not possible to JVC-record programs from the TiVo-Box. Any solutions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Confused. Why would Scart to Scart produce a hdcp error message ?

More likely the recording in your TIVI box is encprypted and can only be played back over hdmi to your tv.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Oh, missed the SCART to SCART reference. Analog PAL video has CGMS-A flags.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the TiVo-recording can only be played back over hdmi to the TV.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It can be done, but you need to deal with the CGMS/A and/or macrovision that is causing the problems. You would need a couple of scart--> normal RCA cables and a video stabiliser to do it. They aren't expensive, or at least weren't back in the day when I brought mine. The setup goes:

Tivo ---> Stabiliser --->DVD recorder

Using a stabiliser and DVD recorder is how I migrated my macrovisioned VHS collection to DVD about six years ago.

The other option is to use an HDMI--> composite converter, and send the signal to the recorder that way. They exist, but I'm not sure of prices.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had a device "Clarifier" (or something like that) many years ago to do the same thing with copy protected VHS-tapes. I have tried this device but it did not make any change.Video stabiliser? I am afraid that such a device does not beat the TiVo-HDCP-protection,
    Quote Quote  
  7. I use the ViewHD 2 port HDMI splitter to remove HDCP.

I made quick video on it here: http://youtu.be/e0w1QXzWOkA
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mållgan View Post
    I had a device "Clarifier" (or something like that) many years ago to do the same thing with copy protected VHS-tapes. I have tried this device but it did not make any change.Video stabiliser? I am afraid that such a device does not beat the TiVo-HDCP-protection,
    If I have HDMI connected at the same time as the analog component video connection, my cable box will display a similar message under some circumstances. Try unplugging the HDMI cable from the TiVo before recording from the TiVo's SCART connection.

If that does not help, maybe an HDMI to SCART converter would work. I saw two different models on eBay, but I do not know if either can be connected to an HDCP-protected HDMI connection without triggering the warning message. Perhaps someone else knows if one is better than the other.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you!

I found a VIMAX-device which does the job for me now.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry. I neglected to look at the date on the initial post and didn't see this thread was woken up by a grave-robber with a self-serving YouTube promotion. Don't bother watching his video. I already made that mistake. It is just drivel made by an idiot trying to build a following on YouTube
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 9th Dec 2014 at 07:47.
    Quote Quote