VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. my friend send me one dvr xenon DVR-PH4004AV (that i find model number)
    backup file format if IFV .... and i try with a lot tool and no one can play convert or demux it
    it is first time that i cant play one file format ( !
    i download active x to play file in IE directly from DVR network . but i cant convert it or play with one player
    i think if i use screen capture i can convert it but its a lot video lost . some one have any idea ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did a Google search using "ifv file security system" and found a post that suggested downloading ffmpeg from http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ and using the following command line:

Code:
    ffmpeg -f h264 -i video.ifv -an -vcodec copy video.avi
    where video.ifv is the path to your .ifv source file and video.avi is the path to the output file
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank u gays but :
    to usually_quiet : i test this and did not play with software after install after search i found that must h264 codec not Intel . ivf file similar but different with ifv file
    to Baldrick : i test this and use cmd and did not convert .
    Last edited by soshians; 27th Aug 2013 at 14:32.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by soshians View Post
    Thank u gays but :
    to usually_quiet : i test this and did not play with software after install after search i found that must h264 codec not Intel . ivf file similar but different with ifv file
    to Baldrick : i test this and use cmd and did not convert .
    The manufacturer's data sheet for the xenon DVR-PH4004AV says it records using an h264 codec. http://www.globalsources.com/trdshw/DownloadAttachment?attach_id=6229213

Did you try ffmpeg or not? The ffmpeg command line I gave you supposedly copies an h.264 video stream from the source .ifv file to an .avi file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. i used ffmpeg and couldn't split to avi from ifv file
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you upload a sample perhaps someone will find a tool that can extract the video. zip or rar the sample before uploading so it will take less time to upload and download.
    Quote Quote