VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I'm really stuck at Gonzo's Interactivity E - Step 1f and can't get pass it as I'm using version 1.1.14 and I don't have the 'ALL' button but a button with '..'. I've already created mpeg stills and mpeg chapters. How to assign?

I cannot understand what is meant by:
    f) Now select "All", and the sequence is assigned to the rest of the MPEG stills.

Does it mean that it's automatic? I can't get it to happen when I click on '..', as different screen pops up and what do I do next?

Any help will be most appreciated!

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When the new window pops up look on the bottom. It has options for "select all items", "select all sequences" ect. Alternatively you can manually highlight any or all of the items. Once you have these items selected hit ok and it will apply the current setting to all of the highlighted settings.

If your still confused than try reading the VCDEasy section of my guide, it was made with an older version of VCDEasy, http://home.att.net/~adam.poole/Introduction.htm
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi adam,
    Thanks for the link. It works in IE but not Netscape! Some questions for you:

Step 1: where can I find Chapter X-tractor? Is it in VCDeasy or it's another software?

Step 5: what do you mean by Intro? What is the purpose of it? Can I skip from Step 4 to Step 6 if I do not have Intro?

Thanks.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ChapterXtractor is a separate program from VCDEasy. If you look at the top of the first page of my guide I provide links to all of the software used.

Most DVDs these days have a short intro before the main menu starts. A couple clips from the movie, a little animation thing, etc... before you are able to start navigating the disk. The guide shows you how to keep this and make it function just like the DVD, IE: when you return to the menu you don't have to rewatch the intro evertime. If your movie has no intro or you just want to cut this part out then yes, you can skip any steps that say, "only follow this step if your movie has an intro."

Too bad it doesnt work for you in Netscape. I have no idea what the problem is, it looks ok in netscape on my pc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi Adam

Thanks. I think I finally get the idea! I've created a bin, cue and xml files. But I keep getting an error with burning. Can I use Nero to burn the three files?

Thanks,
    Halley, Singapore
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi again, Adam

Managed to solve the cue/bin stuff by using Nero 'Burn Image' and burnt my first SVCD successfully and it played superbly in my standalone Pioneer DVD.

I'm using the latest version of VCDEasy 1.1.5. I'm now onto the 2nd disk. I do not use ChapterXtracter and therefore, I can't seem to pop up any dialog box that says, 'Start Offset'. Where can I find 'Start Offset' to insert the full playback time of 1st disk?

If my 1st disk had 10 chapters and if I don't use 'Start Offset', must I also reduce the chapter number by '1' (ie, start at 10 instead of 11) for my 2nd disk?

Sorry to be a bother.... but do hope you can assist again. Thank you.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no need to offset your chapters if you are not importing them from a third party program. When you get your chapters from chapterextractor the chapters have obviously been set for one disk. When spanning the movie over multiple disks your chapter times have to start over. On the DVD chapter 11 might start at 1hr, 10min...but this may be the first chapter of your disk 2 which needs to start at 0:00.

If you are manually adding chapters than you don't have to worry about this, just put your chapters wherever you want them.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi Adam
    Thanks for the great advice. I'll try it later. BTW, the guides are really good.

Cheers
    Halley, Singapore
    Software:
    Adobe Premiere Pro - capture stills & motion, edit, render
    Adobe Photoshop 7.0 - edit stills
    TMPGenc Plus 2.5 - encoding, splitting mpeg
    VCDEasy 1.1.5 - stills to mpeg, interactive menu, SVCD cue/bin
    MOTV 2.10
    Nero 5.5.8.2 - burn image
    Quote Quote