VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Whats the easiest way to rip an audio commentary track from an MP4 video file......
    Quote Quote  
  2. YAMB can extract it easily. Another method is to remux the file to .mkv with MKVToolnixGUI and use MKVExtractGUI2 to extract the audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ...or just drag and drop the MP4 file into something like Audacity or Goldwave....unless of course you are talking about an overdubbed audio situation then...."it don't work that way".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the reply, Yamb doesnt seem to work, and How do I use the MKV tools to do the task....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Audacity doesnt work either im afaid, I load the mp4 file in, and try to export as Wav, but it simply does nothing....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Just drop the MP4 file to MKVToolnixGUI and click on Start muxing button. After that, load the remuxed MKV file into MKVExtractGUI2, select only the audio (usually the second option) and click on Extract.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    apologies for being a lamen, but when I run MKV Extract, it says put into the MKVToolnix Dir. I have done that, but cant find an option to select the open the MkvExtract option.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Drop the file to Input File. There is no Open dialog.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by efiste2 View Post
    Audacity doesnt work either im afaid, I load the mp4 file in, and try to export as Wav, but it simply does nothing....
    You're doing it wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Use XMedia Recode: https://www.videohelp.com/software/XMedia-Recode . Portable version if you don't want to install it. Drop your mp4 file onto its window. Click on it to mark it, so you can see more tabs with settings. In 'Format' choose format and extension. Check with MediaInfo what audio codec is inside mp4. Usually it's aac. In this case and if your player can play aac, go to 'Audio' tab and in "Mode' choose 'Copy'. If you want to convert audio to a different one like mp3, wav etc choose 'Convert' and set properties of output file like codec, sample rate and channels. in 'Output' on the right click icon 'Bitrate-Calculator' (the bottom one) to do more. Set destination. Click 'Add to queue'. When in 'Queue' tab click 'Encode'.

If you can play whatever audio you have in your mp4 in your player, you can simply demux it with My MP4Box GUI: https://www.videohelp.com/software/My-MP4Box-GUI . 'Demux' tab - Open 'Select file' - Demux.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Here's a drag and drop solution using this script I just made.

First Download ffmpeg and copy it to the folder where your mp4 video is

then download this attachement, extract the file inside it to the folder where the video and ffmpeg is.

Now simply drag your video into the extracted batch script and when it closes there will be an output file named "Extracted Audio.m4a" Thta's your file.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote