VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So wmp does this but it wont let me do cd-text (yes online it says its a cd-text option under burn for wmp 12 but it isnt.) So whats the best software to burn and convert mp3 on the fly that has cd-text that will play in a cd player?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try imgburn.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ImgBurn will burn CDText, and it can use mp3 files as sources for burning (without needing to save as WAV, itshould be able to do it on the fly).
    However, to use cdtext, you will need to create a cue sheet first (manually) and "build" you text associations, whether it's sourcing text, tags, or custom-input.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. However, to use cdtext, you will need to create a cue sheet first (manually) and "build" you text associations, whether it's sourcing text, tags, or custom-input.

So it will not just use the name of the file for the cd text song? How would i do that? Also i do not even see where i would select "on the fly" in imgburn
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You don't "select: on-the-fly", it just does it that way. If you don't like OTF, then just convert your mp3s, flacs, etc to WAV first. Then it will just copy the data (do the mandatory endian swap) straight to disc. But I thought OTF was what you wanted.

"sourcing text" is what I was referring to re: filenames being the source of the cd-text. Alternate choices are Tags, or Custom (manually input) or "NONE". But I cannot guarantee that loading files into the cue editor gives you the Filename source option as the default. For all we know it would likely default to NONE (giving you a standard Audio CD with no CD-Text).

Why don't you just try it and find out?...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by mol3000 View Post
    So it will not just use the name of the file for the cd text song? How would i do that? Also i do not even see where i would select "on the fly" in imgburn
    Use the "Tools/Create Cue File" menu.
    When the window opens, it might pay to first select a default option for creating CD text down the bottom. If your MP3s are properly tagged, using the tags is the easiest method, but you can use the file name.
    Click on the browse button, find your MP3s (you can add multiple MP3s at a time by using Ctrl or Shift as you select them, or even Ctrl+A to select all the MP3s in a folder. Click Open.
    When the MP3s are loaded you can select them individually and change the CD text manually for each if need be.
    Select "Disc" at the top to give the whole disc a text label.
    When you're done click Okay and save the cue file.
    Select write mode if need be (Mode/Write). Load the cue file you created. Burn the CD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Prassi Ones does CDText much easier....BUT be warned that it is also up to the BURNER (in many cases) as to whether it will create/read CDText. You need to find the right software and the right burner.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is possible to copy a CD with CD-Text using Exact Audio Copy. A drive with support for CD-Text is a must.

Quote from Exact Audio Copy's website:

I want to make copies of my CDs and add CD-TEXT because my car cd player can read that. How do I do it?

It is done with the cue sheet, you (or EAC) can add TITLE and PERFORMER tags (enable it in EAC options). If you want to burn with EAC, you will also find some CD-Text options in EAC options and don’t forget to activate it in the Drive options. In the Layout Editor, you could also still change title and artists.
    Quote Quote