VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's like they are having trouble turning in some spots then the camcorder will stop. When I try to capture they stop every few seconds in one part of the tape. They will go for 20 minutes in another part of the same tape. I tried two different camcorders with the same result. If I press play and then press fast forward it will go without stopping. Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to get these tapes to run more smoothly. I just need to transfer to the PC. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    how you have connected your camera to PC, and what software are you using for capture? It stops in the middle of take or at the end? By take I mean start -> stop recording video. I don't know correct word for this. Have your successfully captured video any or lots of artifacts?

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    how you have connected your camera to PC, and what software are you using for capture? It stops in the middle of take or at the end? By take I mean start -> stop recording video. I don't know correct word for this. Have your successfully captured video any or lots of artifacts?

Bernix
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'm using firewire to an older XP laptop capturing with Cyberlink Power Director 8. I have a newer laptop with PD14 but no firewire port. Yesterday, using the PD8 on the older laptop it would capture for some seconds and then stop. I would start it again and it woud stop after some seconds. As I said in the first post, there was a section later in the tape where it captured for 15 minutes without stopping. As it got to the end of the tape it started stopping again.
    At first I thought it was the tape being difficult and the camera stopping it. After thinking about your line of questioning I tried it without the laptop turned on and it ran for quite a while. Then I turned the laptop on and started pd8 and it started stopping again. So I guess I have to find another program.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I think here on this site is highly suggested WinDV. Maybe it will helps you. Also you can if possible capture whole tape as one video, I meaning by this ignore start and stop timestamp.
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    I think here on this site is highly suggested WinDV. Maybe it will helps you. Also you can if possible capture whole tape as one video, I meaning by this ignore start and stop timestamp.
    Bernix
    Thanks for your reply. I just downloaded ScenelyzerLive 4.0 demo. It also stops after a few seconds. I then unplugged the firewire cable and the camcorder can play back the tape without stopping.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It seems like issue with firewire. Maybe on camera side (but you said two cameras same issue) so probably on PC side. Or try change cable also, if possible.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to Scenelyzer homepage it is now most probably free so not need demo version.
    But I'm not expert on law, just visit their page.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good idea. Thanks for the tip on Scenelyzer. I just ordered another firewire cable and will try that. Already glad to know the old tape can play. I've got many I hope to archive. I'll report back. Thanks!
    Last edited by hpcampr; 23rd Nov 2017 at 11:20.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    What a strange problem. Let us know how it turns out.
    Quote Quote