VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Odd, I'll try it in a standalone DVD player (not a console system based player) and see if that works. I tried the Media Player Classic Home Cinema program you mentioned, it just freezes and never responds. So, if all else fails, I'll have to look into my DVD and see what went wrong with any .vobs if that's the case.
    Quote Quote  
  2. how i chance the image in motion menus?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by gsgomes View Post
    how i chance the image in motion menus?
    You reencode using an AviSynth script and the use of the Overlay or Layer commands to cover old text with new text:

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Overlay
    http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Layer

There are ways to do it with an NLE, I'm sure, but I don't know and don't care about those.
    Quote Quote  
  4. how i reencode using avisynth?I already have the changed image and video, as I reencoding, now?please show me a example or a steps

i have a avisynth
    Quote Quote  
  5. As I say in Step 3 of the guide:
    3. Editing. Edit the menu BMP any way you like and save again as a BMP. Or reencode the motion menu to shrink it, or to change some text. It isn't the purpose of this guide to show you how to edit BMPs or reencode motion menus. BMP editing can be done using something as simple as MS Paint or some other free picture editor, such as IrfanView or PhotoFiltre, or something as complex as Photoshop. The motion menus are reencoded as any other video, best using a D2V project file and an AviSynth script, perhaps with overlays or subtitles to cover up, replace, and/or add text.
    If you don't know how to use AviSynth for this purpose, maybe you're not ready to edit motion menus. My suggestion is to still the menu so you only have to edit a BMP. If it helps any, here's a sample script:

A=ImageSource("E:\Caravan\Logo\Menu.bmp",End=1200)
    MPEG2Source("E:\Caravan\Logo\Menu.d2v")
    Crop(300,268,0,0)
    ConvertToYUY2()
    B=Last
    A=A.ConvertToYUY2()
    Overlay(A,B,X=300,Y=268)

In this example I created a still image with the edited text and then overlayed the motion part over it before encoding. If that's all gibberish, like I said, it's easier if you still the menu first.
    Quote Quote  
  6. thanks for script but what a procedure to substitute the edited bmp inside the motion movie
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by gsgomes View Post
    thanks for script but what a procedure to substitute the edited bmp inside the motion movie
    Scroll to the bottom of the guide for The Easy Way
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to manono and his excellent guide, I managed to rebuild a whole new DVD from a existing one (episodes DVD with not-sequential titles and a lot of prohibited operations) with the original motion menus.

It works fine except that, when I replaced the menus in VobBlanker, the audio of the 3 menus disappeared in the process.
    The individual menus created with Muxman have the audio working.

Edit: I just had the idea to play the VIDEO_TS.vob containing the menus of the new dvd in MPC-HC and it played with audio.
    So I went back to PgcEdit and manually set the audio stream of each menu.
    Now everything works fine (at least on my computer in Power dvd)

Still I would very much like to know why VobBlanker ignored the audio of the menus?
    I didn't see any option to do that
    and if I did something wrong that I can avoid in the future?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by skaleton; 12th Aug 2010 at 19:52.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by skaleton View Post
    Still I would very much like to know why VobBlanker ignored the audio of the menus?
    Maybe the source DVD menus didn't have any audio?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your reply
    The source dvd menus have an audio stream.
    the individual DVDs created by Muxman have audio. I re-checked and I did the demuxing with PgcDemux and muxing with Muxman exactly as instructed in your guide.
    It was the final DVD after having replaced the menus in VobBlanker that didn't have any audio as it showed "none" in PgcEdit.
    But in reality when I played the Video_Ts.vob of the new DVD containing the menus I realised that the audio stream existed but must have been somehow disabled in the IFO.
    I had to manually set the audio for each menu in the PGC editor of PgcEdit and now the audio works in the menus.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Then that's peculiar and I've never seen that happen before when replacing using VobBlanker, and I replace menus all the time. In any event, good for you for having the knowledge to both figure out what was wrong and also to fix it.

If you're really curious about where it went wrong you might have to ask at the Doom9 IFO/VOB Editors Forum where the VobBlanker and PGCEdit developers, jsoto and r0lZ, hang out
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I've never seen that happen before
    And I may not see it again myself.
    If I do I will go as you suggest to the Doom9 forum. The thing is that sometimes it is a bit difficult to follow what they are talking about over there
    Anyway, except for that little gitch, I was rather please to be able to build in PgcEdit a whole DVD from scratch with the motion menus and titles from another DVD.
    And that is mainly thanks to this guide of yours. so thank you manono.

BTW, I checked every button and link in my dvd but is there an application that enables to automatically test the navigation of a dvd and determine any problem?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I don't know about automatically, but it's easy enough to run the Trace in PGCEdit and check all the menu navigation. Trace to the main menu, to all the linked menus from there, to all the various chapters of the chapters menus. Doesn't take long. I do it a lot when creating DVDs.

Then do the same thing in a DVD player such as Power DVD before burning to disc, and again in the standalone.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    run the Trace in PGCEdit and check all the menu navigation.
    Then do the same thing in a DVD player
    That is exactly what I did. I also checked the "Find..." links in the Info menu in PgcEdit.
    I use Trace a lot too, whenever I want to do anything more than just killing the playback of any piece of junk the crowd the dvd's with. For me Trace is an important feature of PgcEdit.
    Thanks again manono for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hello
    Dear Manono, rOlZ, madhulk, goonix, bluedha, tmihai20 and Msc_Alex.
    If you can help me.
    I have the DVD of the movie Foul Play. Originally the DVD is complete including Menu. Ripped the DVD to HD.
    Extracts the subtitle in English and did the translation for the Portuguese. Then I added the subtitle in Portuguese to the DVD, tutorial by following this link: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic275603.html.
    I did Demux, Reauthor and Remux the entire DVD without changing its structure.
    The new DVD is perfect. The new subtitle in Portuguese is properly synchronized with the audio.
    I can access the new subtitle by remote control from a standalone DVD player, but the menu does not have the corresponding button to the subtitle added.
    The menu has only two buttons to the caption: English and None.
    Now the request for assistance:
    1) How to create a button to add the menu with the same design of existing ones?
    2) How to insert this new button - so the menu has 3 buttons for subtitles: English, Portuguese and None - and how to call this button the appropriate caption in Portuguese?
    3) What software should I use and a step by step tutorial of the whole procedure, if possible with pictures, since I do not know to perform this part.
    I am grateful for the attention and help.
    petervanpan
    Quote Quote  
  16. wondering if anyone can help me. i have a dvd created with nero(saved to hd) that doesnt have the buttons highlighting on rollover. i tryed following the steps here but it didnt seem to help. dvdsubedit shows the subpic but pgcedit shows

USER: SubPic Menu Button
    !!!!!!! USER: Target menu not found. No Action.

i cant seem to get the menu buttons to highlight--how do get the exsisting buttons to highlight
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I finish add new menu to original DVD, the button link to other menu is good but the button is not highlight, please show me how to highlight button in new menu?

Quote Quote  
  18. You have to edit the underlying bitmap (subpic) to add in the same text. DVDSubEdit can extract that BMP, and then add it back after you've edited it, but this guide purposely doesn't touch that subject because this can be quite difficult sometimes.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this menu is not bitmap, it is video stream. how can we edit a motion menu like this?
    Quote Quote  
  20. I said you have to edit the 'underlying bitmap' or subpic. The bottom picture of this post shows what a sample subpic might look like.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/254043-Guide-for-extracting-menus-for-editing-and-r...=1#post1694752

Or open your menu in DVDSubEdit and extract yours to see what it looks like. Then you'll see what needs to be done.

I'm assuming you added a new button, perhaps using PGCEdit? Adding a button is described here:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/254043-Guide-for-extracting-menus-for-editing-and-r...=1#post1709482
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just a Quick Warning about using VOBBlanker to replace a still background image in a PAL menu. Some screen capture software (eg. VLC Player snapshot) will create 24bit 768x576 picture files from a PAL DVD by default. Unfortunately, VOBBlanker only processes 720x576 BMPs correctly for PAL menus. If you try to give it a 768x576 BMP, VOBBlanker will distort the background picture so that the menu buttons no longer line up with the menu text.

nb. I successfully used PGCEdit BMP menu screen capture (via PGC Preview) to create a 720x576 BMP that VOBBlanker liked.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by gilligan103fan View Post
    Just a Quick Warning about using VOBBlanker to replace a still background image in a PAL menu.
    It seems to me that the warning shouldn't be about using VobBlanker for this (since it's what I specifically recommended), but being careful about what you use to save out the BMP. And since I recommended 5 different programs you can use successfully ("Save the BMP (using PGCEdit, as described earlier, or VobBlanker, or MenuShrink, or DGIndex, or VDubMod, or other ways")), you already have plenty of good choices to use to get the BMP.

VOBBlanker only processes 720x576 BMPs correctly for PAL menus.
    No program allows 768x576 resolution BMPs to be used for PAL menus. Again, nothing to do with VobBlanker specifically. It's your responsibility to prepare things correctly. I know you mean well, but this guide is very clear on how to accomplish the menu editing.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ... It seems to me that the warning shouldn't be about using VobBlanker for this (since it's what I specifically recommended), but being careful about what you use to save out the BMP. And since I recommended 5 different programs you can use successfully ("Save the BMP (using PGCEdit, as described earlier, or VobBlanker, or MenuShrink, or DGIndex, or VDubMod, or other ways")), you already have plenty of good choices to use to get the BMP.

VOBBlanker only processes 720x576 BMPs correctly for PAL menus.
    No program allows 768x576 resolution BMPs to be used for PAL menus. Again, nothing to do with VobBlanker specifically. It's your responsibility to prepare things correctly. I know you mean well, but this guide is very clear on how to accomplish the menu editing.
    I agree that it's a problem with what I used to create the BMP from a PAL DVD. I wasn't suggesting not to use VOBBlanker to replace a menu. It's the best freeware tool for that purpose. I just wanted to make it known that VOBBlanker can't successfully process BMPs that don't conform to the PAL DVD standard (720x576) even though they conform to the PAL TV system broadcast standard (768x576).
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by gilligan103fan View Post
    I just wanted to make it known that VOBBlanker can't successfully process BMPs that don't conform to the PAL DVD standard (720x576)...
    As I mentioned before, no menu creation/editing/authoring program can use 768x576 BMPs, not without resizing them. VobBlanker certainly isn't alone in this. Although there may be others, VLC is the only program I've ever seen that even captures DVD pics already resized from the source resolution.

Originally Posted by gilligan103fan View Post
    ...even though they conform to the PAL TV system broadcast standard (768x576).
    That's not true either.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Although there may be others, VLC is the only program I've ever seen that even captures DVD pics already resized from the source resolution.

Originally Posted by gilligan103fan View Post
    ...even though they conform to the PAL TV system broadcast standard (768x576).
    That's not true either.
    Sorry about that. Yes, the PAL TV broadcast standard is 720x576. I just rechecked the article where I thought I found that 768x576 PAL TV system reference. Apparently, some graphics design software, eg. older versions of Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro etc., offer 768x576 as their "PAL option" because it looks better on a computer monitor screen that has square pixels however the final design then needs to be converted to a 720x576 picture file before it can be used in a PAL TV transmission.

I should explain that I've been using your "Easy Method" for a couple of years now to modify Menus using screen captures from VLC and occasionally I would come across a DVD where the re-inserted background wouldn't line up with the buttons. Initially I thought it was just something "sneaky" that some DVD designers were putting into their menus. Eventually I realised that it was only happening to PAL DVDs ... never to NTSC DVDs. So at that stage I knew zilch about VLC producing a BMP that doesn't conform to the PAL standard. Eventually I worked out that there was something about VLC BMPs that VOBBlanker didn't like. It's only now that I know that 768x576 is a No No for PAL.
    Quote Quote  
  26. 768x576 is indeed not the PAL standard, but it is (or has been) used in many professional studios, with hardware tools such as the Paintbox or the Harry, because the pixel is a square, and it is much easier to process that images digitally. Of course, when the work is finished, the images have to be resized to true PAL (720x576 or 704x576). Note also that almost all studios were using that non-standard PAL format for digital editing, even when the final format is NTSC (but in that case of course the frame rate is different). That was due to the fact that it is almost impossible to do a correct professional job with NTSC analog equipment. Of course, now, the studios use HD equipment, and the 768x576 resolution is probably not used any more.

Anyway, to work on a DVD, you have to use the resolution of the menu (usually 720x576 for PAL). It's why the BMP dump option of the PgcEdit preview outputs the image as it is stored on the medium, without any modification.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  27. Anyone still on this board with experience of replacing menus on DVD9 using PGC edit looking for some freelance work?

Yeah, I know it's 2019.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by vodathan View Post
    Anyone still on this board with experience of replacing menus on DVD9 using PGC edit looking for some freelance work?
    Why? The guide doesn't show you how to do what you want to do? Work of the kind you're looking for might be very expensive.
    Quote Quote  
  29. In the last step of importing it seems to create the buttons

[Attachment 59278 - Click to enlarge]

but after I save, only the background menu appears, but without buttons

[Attachment 59279 - Click to enlarge]

This is the original menu where the white animation dash appears

[Attachment 59280 - Click to enlarge]

I only edited the .bmp file I didn't understand in the guide when you say "The motion menus are reencoded as any other video, best using a D2V project file and an AviSynth script, perhaps with overlays or subtitles to cover up, replace, and / or add text. "
    Sorry but I have very bad English, do I also have to use AviSynth?

Where am I wrong? Can anyone help me?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Donnje; 5th Jun 2021 at 17:11.
    Quote Quote  
  30. at the beginning it was exported: Whole menu and color schemes (.mnu / .csm) ..

6. Importing: .. now we have to import those two files to menu

[Attachment 59281 - Click to enlarge]
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote