VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello. I'm creating a Blu-ray disc and I would like to have a little preview imagine before selecting the disc in PS4 (or PS3, or whatever). Usually, all commercial discs have one image in my PS4 menu.
    Is this possible? I am using Adobe Encore but I don't think there is any option for that. But maybe you know of another software that is able to do it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The thumbnail comes from what is known as the "JACKET_P" or "Jacket Picture". AFAIK, only the most professional of authoring apps fully support it, e.g. Scenarist, DVDMaestro (DVDs only), possibly Blu-discStudio, a few others. But I see a thread where someone claims to be able to inject it into the metadata of the blu-ray's folder structure. Might work, might not, haven't tried it (I have scenarist and dvdmaestro, and would use those when I needed to, which I rarely do anymore). Internally, it was a single MPEG2 I-frame clip, but with slightly different stream ID# than normal video. Also, usually there are 3 - Small, Medium & Large (the large being SD rez - this was a carry-over from very old Enhanced CD days). Way back when, there were MPEG encoders that could do that, and I think I posted some how-to steps in one of VH's old threads, but that was over a decade ago. Since BD supports MPEG2 (and VC1) as well as AVC, that's how it can still work. But doubt it would work with UHD BDs (since they only support HEVC & AVC).

HTH,

Scott
    Quote Quote