VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi folks. I compress all my blu ray rips with Handbrake (CQ 21) and to keep the source audio I like to mux the HD audio tracks that Handbrake doesn't support (TrueHD and PCM) from the MakeMKV rip back into the Handbrake compressed file using MKVMerge. This works perfectly for me with all tracks except for PCM mono. With those, if the PCM mono track is selected the video won't stop stuttering until I select a different audio track. This requires me to keep the full rips for these movies w/PCM mono which isn't a huge problem however I would prefer to swap them out for Handbrake versions if I could since it would save me about 500 GB of space on my server with the movies I own now. Anyone have any ideas why my current method doesn't work with PCM mono tracks only and what I might be able to do to get this to work? Playback is through a Celeron version Intel NUC running OpenElec XBMC off a thumb drive. I should note too that I can play the Handbrake compressed files with the PCM mono tracks muxed back in on my laptop without any video stutter using VLC media player (which suggests to me that the issue here is actually with XBMC or a hardware limitation w/the NUC + Intel graphics rather than w/Handbrake itself). Anyway, any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Recently discovered that the video stuttering occurs on PCM 2.0 tracks also. Weird to me that PCM 5.1 doesn't cause stuttering but mono and stereo do.

Anyway, still hoping that someone out there has experienced the same thing or has an educated opinion about a fix. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If VLC works fine on the same hardware, it would be logical to conclude that it's an XBMC problem. The official forum at the developer's site has a lengthy How To post on stuttering issues. Perhaps you could take a look at it.

Sorry for not posting a link but the way I found it was via a search that didn't give me a link back that I trust you could access.
    Quote Quote