VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, i bought a phillips 32" - 32PF9731D tv. but i am having a problem, only 3 of my ambi lights are working. by this i mean lighting up? any ideas.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get it repaired ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    is there a menu for this? or is it ment to work when the tv is on
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It seems to be an on or off thing, but there are menu options that offer some control. I don't know if they offer light by light control. It is all in the manual. if you don't have a copy, and online version is available here : http://www.retrevo.com/support/Philips-32PF9731D-TVs-manual/id/22971ci376/t/2/

Pages 20 - 22 cover the Ambilight "feature"

For my own curiosity, can someone explain to me how lights shining behind the TV can in any way enhance the viewing of a movie ? If I am watching a movie, I am watching the movie. If I even notice the lights, then the mood is gone and I may as well not be watching the movie at all. or the movie is so bad/boring that I should be watching something else.

I just don't get it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, ill have a look through this now. ive contacted phillips and where i bought it from as i only have a few days left before i can return this. when i bought this tv, they never told me it had ambi lights, i bought is for my ps3 mainly and the playback of blu ray.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suspect a blown light. If you haven't been fiddling, and it has simply stopped, that is the most likely explanation.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    nah i wouldnt go playing with something like that. i just looked the manual and the remote that they show in there is different to mine? im going to phone them and ask some Qs. thanks for the help so far
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i got someone coming out within the next 24hrs to have a look at it for me
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    gunslinger,
    It has to do with eye strain especially in a dark room when looking at a TV or PC LCD monitor(s) of high contrast. It feels like tunnel vision with a dark peripheral and brightness in the center of one's field of view. I have been affected by this phenomenon and by adding a little bit of light behind a high contrast source the problem is eleviated. Eye strain also occurs if there's too much light causing glare on a screen.

creakndale
    Quote Quote