VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    So, I am re ripping my DVD library and i am up to my anime collection.

Ripping with DVD FAb, it contains both English/Japanese audio and subtitles. When I play them in MPC HC, I can turn them on and off and switch between at wll.

But, when I edit the file into a single episode with video redo, it only keeps the japanese subtitles, and they are ALWAYS ON. I can't turn 'em off, which is annoying when listening in English. any ideas before I get to Kai and Super and GT?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can remux the resulting video after Videoredo with Mkvtoolnix and switch off the subs here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    even if the files are in mp4 format? I still want to keep both subtitles, I just don't want them always on.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Shredder565 View Post
    even if the files are in mp4 format? I still want to keep both subtitles, I just don't want them always on.
    yep
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    gave it a download, but looks complicated to figure out. a quick test render and the subtitles are still on by default.

I see it also has the option to do multiple cuts for big files, that would cut down on editing time too
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Also just finally found out on a MB post apparently VR doesn't support DVD subtitle streams:/..... well, that saved me a little frustration heh
    odd how it does everything else..
    Quote Quote