VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have this one file that I seperated the audio and video using virtualDub and then converted the video(.avi) to .mpv and the audio(.wav) to .ac3.

When I did this the ac3 it came out as 44.1kHz as the fps but all the other 11 videos I did(all the same way and they do work came out with 48.kHz) now I am trying to burn the 12 on dvd but it is not working and I believe it is this one with the 44.1kHz so I tired to to convert it too 48kHz just like the rest but here is the thing it cuts a minute off the file and I can't figure out why. So anyone know why this would happen?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi...
    when you demuxed the clip in virtdub was the audio in 48kHz format or 44.1 kHz ???

If it was in 44.1 kHz you can convert the audio into 48 kHz format when you are demuxing the clip..

Goto the audio menu and mark full proccess and chose conversion set the audio to 48 kHz 2 Channels 16bit
    Then go to file menu and chose save wave...now the saved audiofile is in 48 kHz..

There are not many free programs which do this conversion correct but virtdub seams to do it...
    The other programs (as you say) cut off a minute or so. I usally use Cooledit Pro, but this is no freeware..

For the .ac3 encoding I use Quenc V0.71 a great program...

stars....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry where is the audio menu option? I can't find it I am using VirtualDubMod version 1.5.10.1
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks that seems to have done the trick
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi..

So you are using virtualdubMOD...

I was ref. to VirtualDUB...

Im glad that it worked out for you..

If you are going to do more conversions you should use Virtualdub
    because the conversion here gives a better quality output...

stars...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ya I could not find it in virtualDubMod so I looked around the net because I remembered there was a virtualDub and found version 1.6. So I used that and it worked don't know why when I used the virtualDubMod to extract the wav file and then convert it into ac3 with besweet it cut a minute off the audio. That was the first time in 23 files(of the same type) that happened.
    Quote Quote