VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Try reading the instructions for fft3dfilter.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've only got the fft3dfilter.dll file in my saved plugins, although the fftw3.dll is in the plugins directory. No readme or anything anywhere. And the AviSynth wiki seems to be down.

EDIT: Okay, got it sorted. Ran through that clip in about 2:45, down from 5:30 initially. Temps never even hit 50.
    Last edited by koberulz; 10th Jan 2017 at 08:35.
    Quote Quote  
  3. So you replaced your old CPU with the same model?
    Quote Quote  
  4. No, I replaced my old i7 920 with an i5 7400 (replacing the dud i5-6500, because they didn't have any more stock of that).

Vista was also a casualty of the upgrades. No tears were shed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well, straight back to 'this device is in use' even though it clearly isn't when trying to eject external drives.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well, it was clear to you that the heatsink paste was not a problem, either.

Close EVERY OPEN PROGRAM, wait two minutes, and try again. Quite possible some drives have been damaged. Overheated CPU can do some wacky things.

Also, the "guy at the store" typically does not know Jack, if he did, he would have a higher paying job than "the guy at the store". You need to verify the specs from the manufacturer yourself, you can absolutely NOT count on the advice of the store clerk. You might as well ask the guy at the local 7-11.

Did you do a clean install of Win 7, or an upgrade over the existing Vista installation?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Event Viewer tagged "AVGSvc.exe" as the culprit, which wasn't even in Task Manager's list of running processes. Uninstalled AVG and it's all fine. According to my Google search it's been causing that issue for some users since at least 2014.

Not sure what your point about verifying specs relates to.

It was a clean install.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Nelson37 View Post
    That style heatsink is, in fact, exceptionally easy to put on...If you find this hard, do not attempt an aftermarket unit unless you can get an adult to help you.
    For the record, I found the 212x easier to install than the stock heatsink. The difficulty was being able to see whether the pins were lining up with the holes properly, and the plastic locking tabs kept bending instead of inserting.

The 212x elevates everything off the motherboard, and it's all bright silver so much easier to see, and metal so things don't bend if you get them slightly wrong.
    Quote Quote