VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey i have an mpeg4 Video file that i want to cut a few segments out of & post them on youtube, i dont have a clue where to start!

First i need to know how to cut a segment out of the mpeg4 file, then how to convert to flv, then im sure i can figure out how to upload onto youtube.

Is there a program i can just push record/stop & save to rip off the video as it plays?
    Then convert to flv or something?

If anyone can help id really appreciate it

Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    mpeg4 video? a mp4? then use avidemux to cut and save.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, isit quite easy to use? Im at work & cant test it out until 2night.
    Do i just watch the video, select a start cut point, an end cut point then save as flv? & that should be good for use on youtube?

Thanks....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This seems like what i want but i mark A & B then cut, then save as mp4 but i just end up with a blank screen & can hear the talking?

When i save as flv its all good except that the file is pretty big & with mp4 i get no picture, ill play around, thanks dude...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All working fine apart from the mp4 files just dont play in ipod or itunes but i can further convert them, it just ends up losing a bit of quality.

Is there another way you could think to cut out a segment of the video for ipod & keep the quality?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by chronic777
    All working fine apart from the mp4 files just dont play in ipod or itunes but i can further convert them, it just ends up losing a bit of quality.

Is there another way you could think to cut out a segment of the video for ipod & keep the quality?
    If you are still using avidemux, there is an ipod preset (auto=>ipod)

You can increase the bitrate if you want more quality. (Press configure in the video sidebar), but the ipod might only be able to play a certain maximum bitrate
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use that setting its really weird but it doesnt work in my ipod or itunes, all softwares up to date not sure why it doesnt work
    I think ill just have to put up with not very good quality when im making clips
    Quote Quote  
  8. Other options:

videora ipod converter works as well

with ripbot264 you can make really good quality x264 encodes using the "console" profile

EDIT: sorry these are just for encoding, not editing...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah i use videora to convert the file that Avidemux gives me, you just lose a bit of clarity & the whites of peoples eyes start to disappear. Im not sure why its got an ipod setting when it doesnt work, maybe the latest itunes doesnt like it? (i updated just the other day)
    Quote Quote