VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [b]Forum for Drives and Boxes

What works and what doesn't????

Here is a partial list of boxes available.

http://newegg.com/app/listProduct.asp?DEPA=1&submit=Go&description=5%2E25%2Cenclosure
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All the boxes work, it depends on what type of interface you need or want to use.

Available interfaces:
    USB2.0
    Firewire (IEEE 1394)
    SCSI

What do you want to use the box for?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't know what you're using this for, but if your loaning it out to friends then I would lean towards USB 2.0 which I think would be more common and would also work with USB 1.1. I would also go with an encloser that has the power supply built in so its basically using a generic power cord and USB cord.

Question: what's the speed limit on a burner if you hook it up to a 1.1 port?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I would wait for the new box-standard to come out, more sides and greater openings.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've noticed from the forums that dvd-rw's that work great as internal run into problems as external. ie: NEC will not burn -r in external enclosure. Pioneer and LG also ran into problems. Is it the box, or tech?

I have 2 drive bay settup and would like to buy dvd-rw as external since I would use it the least, IF box tech can handle it. More sides, lol good one Dog :P
    Quote Quote