VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks poisondeathray i appreciate you help ^_^

Can you upload all the other filters used in above code becouse there another error massage and this one for santiag filter which i don't have it

Quote Quote  
  2. I usually don't like uploading plugins/dll's because you should really get them from the original source with original documentation. This ensures that you get the most recent plugin with bugfixes, and that there is no mixups etc...

People modify functions and filters (for example I modified santiag to use NNEDI2 instead of NNEDI3, I've modified my LSFMod defaults as well) , and when people distribute filters on their own, you end up with problems that multiply when you try to debug - because you can't tell if the function was modified or not when they *think* they are using the same version. So it's very poor form to distribute filters on your own, when you have modified them. Many of the filters I used have been modified , so I recommend getting them unaltered from the original sources, with original documentation. I'm sorry but I'm pretty strict about this - it really contributes to problems later on if you don't follow these rules

If you can't find a filter by searching google , then I'm more than happy to help you find the original source

Here is the original thread, this is the original Santiag function:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1392938
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1393006#post1393006

Function santiag (clip c, int "strh", int "strv")
    {
    strh = Default (strh, 1)
    strv = Default (strv, 1)

c
    (strh >= 0) ? santiag_dir (strh) : last
    (strv >= 0) ? TurnLeft ().santiag_dir (strv).TurnRight () : last
    }

Function santiag_dir (clip c, int strength)
    {
    c
    w = Width ()
    h = Height ()
    santiag_stronger (strength)
    Spline36Resize (w, h, 0, 0.5, w, h * 2)
    }

Function santiag_stronger (clip c, int strength)
    {
    c
    (strength <= 0)
    \ ? NNEDI3 (dh=true, field=0)
    \ : santiag_stronger (strength - 1)
    \ . NNEDI3 (dh=false, field=(strength % 2))
    }
    If you copy & paste that function into notepad, and rename extension to .avsi , put in plugins folder it will autoload. Another way is if you copy & paste function into the bottom your script, it will define that function
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 20th Aug 2010 at 14:07.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is your right and thanks for the link ^_^. I saved satiag.avsi file into plugin folder of Avisynth program but my best friend error massage show up again and it is says:

Avisynth open failure:
    Script error: there is no function named "NNEDI3"
    (santiag.avsi, line 26)
    (santiag.avsi, line 26)
    (santiag.avsi, line 26)
    (santiag.avsi, line 16)
    (santiag.avsi, line 7)
    (C:\Users\Animation\Desktop\sample.avs, line 4)
    Last edited by SB4; 20th Aug 2010 at 18:49.
    Quote Quote  
  4. just google for nnedi3 , the links are in the original thread . If you download the .dll and place in plugins folder it will autoload. Otherwise load it manually ... LoadPlugin()

search terms to use are "doom9 nnedi3" , or " avisynth nnedi3" etc... you can do that with any filter or error message you get (just replace the search term "nnedi3" with whatever filter you're missing .) Many of the programmers post at doom9 forums, so it's a good place to start

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=147695
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was able to solve all the problems except one problem with Toon plugin it says aWarpSharp isn't loaded. This plugin need Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package but i already have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate and i can't install MC++ 2005 SP1 RP, So what should i do ?!

I search for a long time but i can't fix it
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you recall earlier, I said there were 2 versions of awarpsharp, and to keep them in separate folders. Toon relies on the older awarpsharp (not awarpsharp2) as a dependency

You can find the link on the mediawiki page
    http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Toon

That link appears to be down, so try here
    http://avisynth.org.ru/docs/english/externalfilters/awarpsharp.htm
    or download it from here
    http://avisynth.org/warpenterprises/

I know it can be frustrating, but believe me, once you get things sorted out, avisynth is a very powerful tool. I doubt you will find any other software - free or retail - that could do things that it can do.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks poisondeathray

I do want you say, i put aWarpSharp & aWarpSharp2 in separate folders and download the older version of aWarpSharp (awarpsharp_25_dll_20030203).

Finally, the problem disappeared

Now i will do some test on other video and play with some plugin to see the result with AvsP

Best Regards,
    SB4
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks poisondeathray, this is an interesting thread.

I'll have to remember this method for the future, should I need to do anything like this again.
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 23rd Jun 2011 at 16:50.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Name:  VirtualDub Error_2011-06-23_16-40-45.jpg
Views: 2700
Size:  7.0 KB

Why?

Code:
    AVISource("c:\sample.avi")
    ConvertToYV12()
    AwarpSharp(depth=6)
    santiag(strh=2,strv=2)
    AAA()
    Toon(strength=0.6)
    DFTTest() 
    LSFMod(strength=50)
    Levels(0,1,245,0,255,false)
    Code:
       C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\
       =====================================
       AAA.avsi                                 1 KB    6/23/2011 04:17:54 PM      a 
       avisynth_c.dll                          56 KB    9/10/2003 12:58:10 AM      a 
       avss.dll                                91 KB    5/19/2010 03:57:26 PM      a 
       aWarpSharp.dll                          28 KB     2/3/2003 09:58:04 PM      a 
       aWarpSharp.dll (new)                    14 KB    6/30/2009 08:03:08 PM      a 
       colors_rgb.avsi                          6 KB     7/5/2005 02:04:18 PM      a 
       CondTemporalMedian-gen.dll              35 KB    9/27/2003 03:08:40 AM      a 
       CondTemporalMedian-isse.dll             35 KB    9/27/2003 03:06:52 AM      a 
       Decomb521.dll                           84 KB    5/18/2004 07:17:50 PM      a 
       Deen.dll                               240 KB     6/7/2004 07:02:44 AM      a 
       DePan.dll                              136 KB    1/27/2008 08:47:28 PM      a 
       DePanEstimate.dll                       96 KB    3/25/2007 10:14:36 PM      a 
       despot.dll                              80 KB    9/25/2009 05:32:32 PM      a 
       dfttest.dll                            184 KB    6/22/2010 11:43:46 AM      a 
       DGDecode.dll                           216 KB    7/20/2006 08:36:24 PM      a 
       DGIndex.exe                            444 KB    7/20/2006 08:37:32 PM      a 
       DGVfapi.vfp                             60 KB    7/20/2006 08:38:26 PM      a 
       DirectShowSource.dll                    26 KB    4/25/2009 03:13:08 AM      a 
       ffavisynth.dll                           5 KB   10/12/2004 01:47:06 AM      a 
       FFMS2.avsi                               3 KB    5/27/2010 01:17:20 AM      a 
       ffms2.dll                             6621 KB    5/27/2010 02:08:36 AM      a 
       ffmsindex.exe                          146 KB    5/27/2010 02:08:40 AM      a 
       fftw3.dll                             1589 KB    1/30/2004 10:44:56 AM      a 
       libfftw3-3.dll                        1539 KB    7/18/2009 07:08:10 AM      a 
       libfftw3f-3 old.dll                   1491 KB    6/21/2010 11:12:16 AM      a 
       libfftw3f-3.dll                       1491 KB    7/18/2009 07:08:46 AM      a 
       libfftw3l-3.dll                       1014 KB    7/18/2009 07:09:12 AM      a 
       LSFmod.v1.9.avsi                        31 KB    6/23/2011 03:36:14 PM      a 
       LSharpAAF.v1.2.avsi                      9 KB    6/23/2011 03:28:20 PM      a 
       MVTools.dll                            260 KB    1/19/2005 08:27:50 PM      a 
       nnedi2.dll                             260 KB    5/16/2010 11:41:02 AM      a 
       nnedi3.dll                           13421 KB    6/10/2011 01:53:14 PM      a 
       nnedi3_64.dll                         6777 KB    6/23/2011 04:14:46 PM      a 
       RemoveDirt.dll                          17 KB     5/7/2005 02:26:34 PM      a 
       RemoveDirtS.dll                         60 KB     5/7/2005 02:26:08 PM      a 
       RemoveDirtSSE2.dll                      18 KB     5/5/2005 10:16:08 PM      a 
       SangNom.dll                             32 KB    1/18/2004 03:27:52 PM      a 
       santiag.avsi                             1 KB    6/23/2011 04:13:24 PM      a 
       STMedianFilter.dll                      56 KB    1/30/2005 08:19:36 PM      a 
       TCPDeliver.dll                         110 KB   12/21/2008 11:46:20 PM      a 
       Toon-v1.0.dll                           13 KB    6/23/2011 03:33:34 PM      a 
       UnDot.dll                               52 KB     6/7/2004 07:02:46 AM      a 
       UnFilter.dll                            76 KB    1/16/2003 10:07:54 PM      a 
       yadifmod.dll                            60 KB    9/15/2007 02:11:38 PM      a
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 23rd Jun 2011 at 16:45.
    Quote Quote  
  10. awarpsharp2 is different than awarpsharp. Download it from the link in this thread (2009.06.16 is the most current one)
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=147285

Load the plugin manually in a subfolder in the plugins directory or some other folder , because some filters rely on the old awarpsharp e.g. LoadPlugin("PATH/subfolder/awarpsharp.dll")

Download AAA is here
    http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/AAA

If you rename extension .avs to .avsi, they are autoloading when you place them into plugins directory. Or you can use Import("PATH/filter.avs")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I caught myself on that after guessing about the avsi, and then reading again about awarpsharp.

I was in the process of editing my post for new errors when you left the reply.
    See my previous post now.
    Quote Quote  
  12. put the .dll in the system directory

windows\system32 for 32bit os
    windows\syswow64 for 64bit os
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That did it. (Well, that and reading a lot at Avisynth wiki, and loading more filters.)

What's odd is this worked last year, when I tested it. Must have done it on another computer.
    Though I generally test on this system. Hmmm...

Would you look at this file: http://www.lordsmurf.com/sample.avi (273MB, Huffyuv AVI, 30 seconds footage)
    The sample has quite a few scenes in the 30 second span, so good sample.

Any tweaks to maybe remove even more edge noise?
    I pushed the depth=6 to depth=16, and it seems to have helped.
    However, I'm not sure if other harm is being done. Granted, the source sucks. (Not my fault.)
    But as I understand it, the filter "thins" content to aid the antialiasing filter. Might that remove detail?
    Or maybe the low quality (VCD-like, but not quite as bad) is already lacking in details?

Color needs work, too, if you have suggestions via Avisynth. (I generally use VirtualDub.)
    The luma or gamma is pushed too high, and it's all washed out.

Appreciate the assist, poison. It's not often I get to ask others for help AND they have answers!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post

Would you look at this file: http://www.lordsmurf.com/sample.avi (273MB, Huffyuv AVI, 30 seconds footage)
    The sample has quite a few scenes in the 30 second span, so good sample.

Any tweaks to maybe remove even more edge noise?
    I pushed the depth=6 to depth=16, and it seems to have helped.
    However, I'm not sure if other harm is being done. Granted, the source sucks. (Not my fault.)
    But as I understand it, the filter "thins" content to aid the antialiasing filter. Might that remove detail?
    Or maybe the low quality (VCD-like, but not quite as bad) is already lacking in details?

Yes it can be harmful, and the awarpsharp/antialiasing stack isn't for "edge noise", it's more for fixing broken lines

All AA filters remove fine detail, but you could argue that this animation barely has any real details. AAA() adds a blur through unfilter, so you want to be careful with that one , unless "softer" is the wanted effect (this is usually ok for simple animations, but might not be for modern, higher quality , high resolution animation)

Awarpsharp2 thins the line width, so when stacked with AA filters, the AA filter can "detect" poor animation lines ; In some animation, thicker lines may have evaded detecting, but in this way you can sometimes "fix" these broken lines that either have been wrecked by poor compression or bad processing (deinterlacing). Be careful about lines that are thin already, they will be destroyed. This is why sometimes people apply it in multiple stages with low settings , darken/thickening the lines between each stage with fastlinedarken or toon. If you've raised the "depth" setting make sure you check in other scenes, where thin lines might have been destroyed. Unlike the example at the beginning of this thread, I don't think they need to be thinned much here to fix the jaggies, santiag or other comparable filters should fix the aliasing . The lines are fairly thin to begin with in this source, and IMO stacking the same filters is more destructive in this case

But you're referring to edge noise , correct? ie. the MPEG compression artifacts, mosquito noise, gibbs effect, dct ringing etc.... not the aliased or broken lines which are handled ok by santiag (or other AA filters) ?

MCTD has an edge cleaning mode that targets this area through masks (edgecleaner is another filter that attempts to target noise around edges only), and you can use TTempSmooth to stabilize the background fluctuating noise

Code:
    AVISource()
    ConvertToRGB24() #source was RGB32 with dummy alpha
    Santiag(2,2)
    ConvertToYV12()
    Toon(0.5)
    MCTemporalDenoise(settings="medium", EdgeClean=true, ECMode="dfttest().dehalo_alpha()", strength=25, chroma=true)
    TTempSmooth(maxr=4, lthresh=16, cthresh=4, strength=4)
    Notes: the "strength" in MCTD refers to the contra-sharpening strength, not the denoising strength. I suggested a lowish value, because there are oversharpening/halo artifacts in the source, so you can add a general dehalo filter, but that will blur away even more details. MCTD has TTempSmooth aslo (it's a mega function), but I prefer to break it out, so you can control the parameters better. If you might find chroma noise still bothersome, you can stack a chroma noise filter

Color needs work, too, if you have suggestions via Avisynth. (I generally use VirtualDub.)
    The luma or gamma is pushed too high, and it's all washed out.
    It's blown out in most white areas, not sure if I can suggest anything. You can bring the black level down a tiny bit (if you assume that things like the gloves and boots are "black"). I find color work in avisynth difficult , it's much easier in other software , and you have more tools, but you already know this.

You can also ask at Doom9 there are quite a few folks who deal with anime restoration there, you may get better suggestions
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 23rd Jun 2011 at 19:33.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Something like?:

AviSource("sample.avi")
    ConvertToYV12() # some filters require YV12
    Deblock() # remove macroblocks
    ColorYUV(cont_u=50, cont_v=50) # increase saturation
    ChromaShift(C=-2) # shift chroma left by two pixels
    AAA() # clean up some thin lines
    Santiag() # clean up more thin lines
    Deen() # remove edge noise
    MergeChroma(awarpsharp2(depth=48)) #sharpen chroma
    Before on left, after on right:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	869
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	7544

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	7545
    Last edited by jagabo; 23rd Jun 2011 at 22:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    isn't for "edge noise", it's more for fixing broken lines
    That's what I meant. I wanted to know if the jaggies could be further removed with script tweaks.

AwarpSharp thins lines so the AA filters pick it up.
    The over-thinning of already-thin lines, thereby creating loss of detail, was what I was worried about.

Thanks for the detailed explanations of each filter. Much appreciated.

Thanks jagabo, for the added suggestions. That will help.
    Also like the descriptive comments in the script.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you might find chroma noise still bothersome, you can stack a chroma noise filter
    I always dislike chroma noise. Because of color damage, I'll run this into VirtualDub for some color work, and while there, I could opt for several NR filters or the chroma filter. Is there a chroma filter that performs better in Avisynth, as opposed to the one available in VirtualDub? The VDub filter is either too strong, or not strong enough. It's good, but not entirely accurate. There's no "just right" type middle setting.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    If you might find chroma noise still bothersome, you can stack a chroma noise filter
    I always dislike chroma noise. Because of color damage, I'll run this into VirtualDub for some color work, and while there, I could opt for several NR filters or the chroma filter. Is there a chroma filter that performs better in Avisynth, as opposed to the one available in VirtualDub? The VDub filter is either too strong, or not strong enough. It's good, but not entirely accurate. There's no "just right" type middle setting.
    All chroma noise filters essentially blur Cb and Cr so you may want to sharpen the chroma after that jagabo suggested (e.g. use mergechroma(awarpsharp2(some settings)) ; there is some chroma bleeding in your source to begin with another reason to use this.

A chroma noise filter that works fairly well in avisnth is fft3dfilter used on the chroma planes (plane=3 means Y' is not touched) . Change the sigma value for the strength. Higher values are stronger. Start low and work your way up. You can use avspmod to preview your scripts (push f5), and there are sliders available (closest thing to a "GUI" for avisynth) , and you can preview different scripts in multiple tabs & shift between them with the number keys. It's a hellva lot faster than making a change, saving it, opening up in vdub, repeat... etc...

e.g.
    FFT3DFilter(sigma=4, bt=3, plane=3)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I've settled on this:
    Code:
    AVISource("c:\sample.avi") # video source path
    ConvertToYV12() # some plugins require YV12 source
    Deblock() # remove macroblocks
    AwarpSharp(depth=24) # thin lines to allow better AA
    santiag(strh=2,strv=2) # anti-alias
    # AAA() # more anti-alias
    Toon(strength=0.6) # increase cartoon edge darkness
    # DFTTest() # denoiser
    # LSFMod(strength=50) # sharpener
    Deen() # remove edge noise
    FFT3DFilter(sigma=4, bt=3, plane=3) # suppress chroma noise
    # ColorYUV(cont_u=50, cont_v=50) # increase saturation
    ChromaShift(C=-2) # shift chroma left by two pixels
    # MergeChroma(awarpsharp(depth=48)) # sharpen chroma
    spline36resize(352,480) # resize to HalfD1 for DVD
    May tweak a bit more on settings, but that's the general idea.
    Leaving some filters out, but # out in case I need it for other episodes.

And then color correct via VirtualDub.
    Also mask overscan, re-center crop. (Yes, I know I can do that via Avisynth, but forget scripting.)

Thanks for the tips.

Update:
    Getting all of 2.2fps in VDub to Huffyuv AVI, on single core 1.8Ghz AMD Turion. Yippeee!
    Definitely a project to put on a real system, not a travel laptop.
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 24th Jun 2011 at 18:56.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Old thread, I know but very insightful. Please correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the AA commands go at the end of the script? And I only point that out because Toon and the Line Sharpener cause some aliasing as it is. If you're going to AA in order to correct the error in the original content, might as well place the commands in the end so that it can AA the original errors PLUS the aliasing caused by LSFmod and Toon.
    Last edited by unclescoob; 12th Sep 2012 at 04:57.
    Quote Quote  
  21. This is an old thread.

I want to do the same:
    — sharpen animations,
    — improve appearance (brightness & contrast) and
    — convert audio to [1] as is,
    and [2] AC3.
    — add subtitles in SRT and/or DVD type where available
    — Preferred container Matroska.

I can't learn Avisynth. (Too old for that).

Do I have a choice?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ConverterCrazy; 15th May 2016 at 14:13. Reason: Forgot about subtitles
    Quote Quote