VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah it's like I said we did remove the mouse but it didn't help. My nephew has my computer and is busy today but I guess I need to double check I said the keyboard was USB connected but it could be ps2 connected we were just using what he had extra laying around.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can start the computer without the keyboard to. You should still get video and a warning about no keyboard being found.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ended up taking it to a local computer shop (just a individual who does repairs and builds computers to sell) and the only thing he could come up with was it's probably a bad MOBO although there's always the possibility of the CPU...he didn't have another CPU to test. I stood there and watched him try several things like different RAM, no RAM, checked out power supply, and checked our connections although he didn't remove the motherboard. He said he has built several computers with a ASRock boards with no problems.

When we're removing the motherboard to send back we'll do a last check of it out of the case which probably won't happen until next week now.

I'm guess I'm a little gun-shy of trying another ASRock board but what are my options of returning the board to newegg I bought it with the 60 day Iron Egg return policy I've never returned anything to them before? Do I have to pay a restocking fee if I changed to a different brand like ASUS which might be of higher quality? Do they cross ship?

What happens if newegg gets the board back and finds there's nothing wrong with it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't know about NewEgg's current return policies. It's been something like 10 years since I had to return something to them. But, assuming the motherboard isn't working, you can probably get a full refund.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well it ended up being a bad motherboard so after getting a replacement I'm up and running but still in the process of installing software.

I have 8GB of RAM installed and since it is so cheap now I was thinking of adding another 8GB (2x4) if you don't think my cooler is a problem. I originally installed the two 4GB sticks in the slots furthest away from my Cooler Master EVO and there is plenty of room but to add two more sticks the stick closest to the cooler fan it will be up against it... I actually have it in that slot now just to try out the location. It fits fine just touching the cooler fan is this a problem?

@ jagabo since you have a ASRock motherboard I ended up having the computer store install the replacement board so he installed everything off of the disk that came with it so I'm now in the process of removing what I don't want/need. Do you use this XFast LAN I'm not even sure what it does or is telling me?
    Quote Quote