VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to keep the original chapters from the DVD. Im using Smartripper to rip, SpruceUp to author, and Primo to burn. How do I keep the origianl chapters? I dont really care about the menu, just the chapters.

Thanks Boxingjunkie
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In smartripper make sure you check the option to create info file, then using vcdeasy you can paste the chapter sturcture into the chapters section.

As far as using the tools you listed im not sure.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After re-reading your post I get the impression your doing a DVD>DVD not DVD>sVCD so my reply may not help ya.

Sorry
    Quote Quote  
  4. http://www.doom9.org/mpg/maestro2.htm

this is the way.. you'll need different software, but this is solid
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks jeex for the link. I think this is exactly what I was looking for. And NeWcs, thanks for trying to help. Yes I am going DVD>DVD-R.

Thanks Boxingjunkie
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The way I did this with Spruceup was to bring up IFOEdit, display the chapter list, then manually insert the chapters (using the IFOEdit time indexes) using the Spruceup chapter tool. You will find that when authoring a previously authored product, that the chapters may be a couple of seconds off in your new versus old product. My method allows you to fine-tune the chapters back to where they should be. Doesn't take much longer than 5-10 minutes to do this, either.
    Quote Quote