VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, can anyone recommend a good computer program to join 2 videos together? Thank you
    Last edited by Valentin98; 28th Apr 2022 at 04:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean append a second after the first one has ended, like a part one followed by part two?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Do you mean append a second after the first one has ended, like a part one followed by part two?
    Yes, I want to link 2 videos together!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Avidemux can be a quick solution, open the first movie in the software and then add the second from the menu with add and save everything, must be two movies with the same video resolution.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by mindphasar View Post
    Avidemux can be a quick solution, open the first movie in the software and then add the second from the menu with add and save everything, must be two movies with the same video resolution.
    Thanks so much for the recommendation!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I just use a binary copy command from DOS...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have said this before: binary copy doesn't provide proper continuous frame timestamps, and leaves in old headers, among other issues, so confuses players. If you got files to work that way, you just happened to luck out, but it shouldn't be recommended to others.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Valentin98 View Post
    Hello, can anyone recommend a good computer program to join 2 videos together? Thank you
    Avidemux (which is gold), or FFmpeg with specific commands, like concat, which I don't remember.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Tek03 View Post
    Originally Posted by Valentin98 View Post
    Hello, can anyone recommend a good computer program to join 2 videos together? Thank you
    Avidemux (which is gold), or FFmpeg with specific commands, like concat, which I don't remember.
    Thank you very much !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If one prefers gui then LosslessCut is a good option. Must drag and drop at least 2 files at once, drag files into proper order and Tools -> Merge/Concatenate files.
    A convenience way to string together AVI files from ScenalyzerLive.
    Quote Quote  
  11. avidemux does not always works, there can be some errors

ffmpeg works fine, first create a textfile with the files in it like:
    file 'C:\Users\name\Desktop\file1.mp4'
    file 'C:\Users\name\Desktop\file2.mp4'
    file 'C:\Users\name\Desktop\file3.mp4'
    file 'C:\Users\name\Desktop\file4.mp4'
    save it in the same folder as ffmpeg for example "join video mp4.txt"

then run this ffmpeg command
    ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i "join video mp4.txt" -c copy c:\users\name\desktop\output.mp4
    Quote Quote