VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. We see Youtube captions all the time. I've uploaded a 55 min clip and got all the way through You Tube processing to the
    screenshot shown. I can click on caption at the top, a video roll starts but no subtitle captions of the kind we see appear on Youtubes are
    being being made. The video rolls but no words are being created. How much more to this can there be?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	caption two.png
Views:	26
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	63578  

Quote Quote  
  2. Try enabling annotations
    Quote Quote  
  3. I may not have described what I want correctly. I don't want to write any captions-- the language of this topic is often
    confusing. I expect youtube to auto generate CC captions or subititles which I can eventually get as SRT format
    for correction.

Captioning is one process. Transcription such as mp3 to SRT is more accurate when using a pay-for service.
    People must do this daily and yet navigating Youtube Create is hard for me to follow.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You probably have found this.
    I've never done it, but I watch a captioned channel twice a week (Itchy Boots). I'm always impressed.
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734796?hl=en

There's also a help video down the page.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well what I really need is a step by step screen shot that I can scroll through. I can'tr make head nor tale out of Youtube videos' cursor going from bit to bit. Also, I can't even see what it's pointing at. However, I did squint enough at it to see I did a number of the procedures.

To review:

I've uploaded my content and had them process which, for 55 mins, was long. Go NEXT etc after
    processing and at that point should be able to add CC. But nothing seems to complete. You don't
    have to answer if it means more Youtube PC screen how-tos. I can't use 'em. I'll just find another way.

I did note on a number of Youtube vids that CC is greyed out. Like it was used and now off.

Thanks for the effort. But now you know my limitation.
    Last edited by loninappleton; 28th Feb 2022 at 17:03.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I am back to say that yes, subtitles are possible via Youtube. I successfully downloaded the SRT of my choice
    made through the caption screen of the content. Still the procedure is so cumbersome I cannot readily repeat all the steps
    from memory. Perhaps something was processed in the background over a couple days.

I will definitely try it again with a completed full text rather than a clip.

I complained about not having a screen shot sequence to do this. I will try at some point to complete a screen shot sequence myself as I do it for others to view. Please say if this is re-inventing the wheel and if such a screen shot layout is available already. Something like a pdf to download. One thing on that I noticed was that the various 'three dot' menu drop downs disappear quickly and are both hard to see and record.

Anyway onward.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have completed the series of screen shots as a guide which I made while getting a You Tube caption and save to SRT.
    If there's a good place to make that available here and if any interest, that series can be organized with notes.
    I'd also like to know how to add circle and arrow highlights. But that's all one if no interest.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm interested. Please upload to here.
    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by pcspeak View Post
    I'm interested. Please upload to here.
    Cheers.
    Ok, will do. At this stage of the guide, you can send me a mail which I think you have. Or PM.
    It's numbered well enough but not in precise sequence due to alphabetizing. I wanted to add some remarks. So if
    it got mounted as a guide here at Videohelp, the remarks could be added between display entries. I've
    never done anything like this before so it's all new.

Mods can do what they will, but I can make a test 'post' with the first screen shot to see how it looks
    and displays.

will wait to hear more.
    Last edited by loninappleton; 5th Mar 2022 at 18:33.
    Quote Quote  
  10. One frame of the guide

Needs a place for some notes
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tinkers Wedding You Tube Create Frame One.png
Views:	11
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	63676  

Quote Quote