VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, I know this question has been asked a million times, but I have tried everything I can think of and here is what I get:

I am converting RM files to AVI using EO Video. I have several different South Park episodes I am canverting. Some Convert great, others have stretched audio. Here is the part I don't get. When I split the audio in VDub into WAV it is the exact same length as the video file. So I use the Wav file as the sound and the avi as the Video file in TMPGEnc and what do I get? A movie with the soud out of sync. Is this simply because RM files are peices of crap and some work and some don't? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well, that could be it..

but maybe your .rm files are encoded with some odd frame rate, and when TMPGenc tries to convert it to a "normal" framerate, it will just drop a frame every now and then, which could make the audio go out of sync.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    is there a way to fix it if that is the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  4. yea, it's possible. Find out what the current framerate of the .rm file is, and if you are just going to watch it on your computer make sure the program (never tried EO Video, but should be possible) doesn't try to change the framerate (Tell it to use exactly thesame framerate as the .rm file).
    Quote Quote