VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I used to own a standalone VCD player to play my discs on. There was a button on the remote that I could choose which language track to play (some discs have two mono channels, each one with a different language).
    Now I don't have that player anymore, and when I attempt to play the Video CDs on my DVD player, both the audio channels are played on top of eachother so I hear both languages at the same time. Any solution to this without having to re-author the discs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Audio channel selection varies with hardware players, but since (BDs &) DVDs support multiple independent streams, there is little to no need in BD/DVD world to author titles in the manner of VCDs. And now that more and more settop players are removing support for VCD entirely, there is less and less incentive for manufacturers to support L/R/MONO/STEREO channel selection options (this also becomes more complicated with surround in the mix).

So my suggestion to you is (if you cannot get hold of a supporting player) to play it via software player (PowerDVD, etc) which still DOES have that capability.

Or, rip, demux, edit & re-encode you audio, and then re-author as VCD or DVD, etc.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have 3 cinches (RCA connector) in your DVD player or on TV, simply remove (unplug) audio L or R -> (white or red)
    But it looks too simply to me

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 12th Jun 2016 at 20:49.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, but not so easily possible with the many recent machines that are HDMI-only output (unless you've got a receiver in the mix).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I thought it is standalone table DVD player -> TV

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for your replies!
    Yes, it's a standalone Pioneer BD/DVD player, but unfortunately it's connected through HDMI and kind of difficult to change the way I've got it setup right now.
    Maybe there is a setting on the TV to balance the audio over to just one speaker, I'll have to check that.
    Was hoping it was still possible to find some kind of VCD player from Asia but no luck so far. Maybe I am stuck playing it on the computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your TV has scart or RCA so all you need is Converter + cable. If I understand correctly ???
    Maybe someone will correct me. I hope.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks I looking for solution and I found - converter + cabel
    Quote Quote