VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ive got a bunch of video clips on my computer and I want to burn them to dvd. Problem is the length of these clips adds upto 5.7 GB, which is more than what a DVD can hold. Ive been using pinnacle in the past to burn my edited videos to dvd, and it gives me the option to choose what quality I want so that I can adjust the length and make it fit on a dvd. So I want to do the same here, import the clips into pinnacle. But I dont know how to import clips from the computer. When I click on import media, the dvd drive is selected by default and I cant change to anything else. When I click on import dvd title, I can select a folder on the disk, but when i do, pinnacle says its not in dvd format.

Please help

I can do the airtualdub thing, that is import each clip to virtualdub, adjust the length manually and then use dvdclick to burn the individual clips to disk but that will be too time consuming.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is the file designation on your clips??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    avi
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Whatever version of Pinnacle you are running, check if it will accept AVI; I am at work right now so I can't access my version (14) at home, I will soon as I get back. I have a feeling that Pinnacle will not accept AVI, it is oriented more toward camera video clips such as Mpeg 2 or 3 and AVCHD in the later versions.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    actually i did find out how to do it, all you do is drag the icon from windows explorer to the timeline in pinnacle. by the way my clips are all avi format
    Quote Quote