VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to RIP an episode from a DVD but I cannot seem to remove the commentary on this particular episode. I am using Aiseesoft version 7.1.12. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've not used that software. All of the software that I've used, you were able to select the audio track before the RIP.

If that software isn't allowing you to choose, you could simply removing it after.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    The main DVD programs like DVDFab and CloneDVD allow you to choose main movie and select which audio and subtitles you want
    Quote Quote  
  4. Search "Rip DVD main movie", you will find many programs support this function. By copying main DVD title only, you can remove the unnecessary portions, including advertisement mentioned above, opening theme song, ending song, NG and tidbits, etc. Then use the built-in editor to trim the movie clips you want.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could use the free program MakeMKV and simply select what you want - you end up with a mkv file the same size as the original. No re-encoding and quick.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  6. Its been a long while since I used it, but I think DVDShrink allows you to choose things you want to keep and discard.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Its been a long while since I used it, but I think DVDShrink allows you to choose things you want to keep and discard.
    Same thing here. Before I've concentrated on blu rays I've been using DVDShrink with DVDs. Usually together with AnyDVD. That way it has been possible to select what you want in a very flexible way.

But: I remember that some weeks ago somebody has opened a thread here about problems with DVDShrink after a version update of Win 10.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fornit View Post
    Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Its been a long while since I used it, but I think DVDShrink allows you to choose things you want to keep and discard.
    Same thing here. Before I've concentrated on blu rays I've been using DVDShrink with DVDs. Usually together with AnyDVD. That way it has been possible to select what you want in a very flexible way.

But: I remember that some weeks ago somebody has opened a thread here about problems with DVDShrink after a version update of Win 10.
    The OP got DVD Shrink working. I still use it with my Win 10 PC.
    Quote Quote