VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to back up my 5 disc Beatles Anthology Discs. Each of the five discs have 2 parts, Disc 1 (parts 1 & 2), Disc 2(parts 3 & 4), etc.
    What I would like to do is back up the first part of each disc including the menu and extras only, and then back up part 2 with no menu or extras on a separte, second dvdr. In other words I would like to put the original disc 1 on 2 discs with the menus, extras, and part 1 on one disc and part 2 only on disc 2. Therefore I would need 10 discs to backup the 5 copy original. I hope I am making myself clear. Can anyone recommend a software program that will allow me to back up using this method. I normally use DVDShrink/DeCrypter but the video came out really crappie when I tried to put the whole disc on 1 DVDR. I would really appreciate some advice here guys, thanks a million.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try using vob blanker, it does exactly what you want it to do.
    The program is free and relatively fast, about 10 minutes or less
    to process. It shows you how much space you are using after you
    clear up what you don't want, and if it's under 4.3 gig, just burn
    your new files, no need to process any further - no loss of quality!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Jetfan thanks for the reply. So far I have been able to process part 1 with menu to disc 1 but can't seem seem to get part 2 of disc 1 to back up properly, either without or without the menu? I will keep trying, really wish there was a good guide. Thanks again for your help.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try DVDFab.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by golfnut
    I normally use DVDShrink/DeCrypter but the video came out really crappie when I tried to put the whole disc on 1 DVDR. I would really appreciate some advice here guys, thanks a million.
    There isnt a large audio file in there, is there... Quite often these type of disks can have a 2 gig ish audio file which you will need to remove to get best video quality....
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Got VobBlanker to work guys, thanks a million to all those who replied to help me. Have a great day.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote