VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to combine multiple ripped Blu-ray discs into a single blu-ray disc.

I tried using tsMuxer where I added the m2ts files from the BDMV folder of 3 discs. I got a BDMV folder whose was the same size as all 3 videos combined. However when I tried to play the new video, I get only the first video but the time length indicated is for the third video. One player I tried played the video of the third one but played the audio from the first one. I thought that the three might have been stored as separate titles but only one title was listed. I tried adding the mpls files from each one but got the same result.

Can anyone give me any clues why this happened and/or to give me step by step instructions on how to properly add the three m2ts files and so that all three will play sequentially and properly.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you use the add for the first m2ts and then join for the other m2ts files in tsmuxer?

Maybe you created a m2ts with 3 video tracks. You can open the new bdmv m2ts with mediainfo or mediainfoxp and see what it says.

Or try bdtoavchd or multiavchd and see how they work(they are frontends to tsmuxer).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used both add and join with no apparent difference in result, they both produced one m2ts file. With add I could include more than two m2ts files but with join I could only include two. Can anyone tell me where I can find documentation on the add and join commands and all the other commands?

Yes I did end up with three video, audio and subtitle tracks. Why didn't that at least result in three titles?

I was hoping to use BDEdit somehow but it's another tool with no documentation on the various commanders and options. Anyone know if and how I can use BDEdit to get the other two tracks to appear as additional titles?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You can use BD Rebuilder to combine Blu-ray movies into one. You need to use BD Rebuilder in Quick Author mode and import the movies via Files-->Import-->BD's (Quick Authored).

All three of your Blu-ray movies would have to be in the same folder for BD Rebuilder to find them and import them.

The result will be a Blu-ray movie with a very simple menu that allows you to select each title. Original menus and extras will be lost. BD Rebuilder will compress them to fit a 25gb target size unless you change the output size to 50gb or a custom size.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ohh. I must add the join bd feature to the bdrebuilder software description.
    Quote Quote  
  6. How to merge m2ts files (blu ray) knows someone simple and proven method ?? I have the movie Lord of the Rings. Someone on the pictures will show you how to do it. I heard that the first part there are problems with synchronization .....
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Arcansass View Post
    How to merge m2ts files (blu ray) knows someone simple and proven method ?? I have the movie Lord of the Rings. Someone on the pictures will show you how to do it. I heard that the first part there are problems with synchronization .....
    Have you tried bd rebuilder? Files-->Import-->BD's (Quick Authored).

Or it might be easier with bdtoavchd or avchdcoder.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Originally Posted by Arcansass View Post
    How to merge m2ts files (blu ray) knows someone simple and proven method ?? I have the movie Lord of the Rings. Someone on the pictures will show you how to do it. I heard that the first part there are problems with synchronization .....
    Have you tried bd rebuilder? Files-->Import-->BD's (Quick Authored).

Or it might be easier with bdtoavchd or avchdcoder.
    I worked it out already. BDclown I used as recommended, I have no problems with synchronization Now they try to combine 3D Hobbit bigger problem here is I want the keep kodec MVC. Some of you have already connected 3D movies ??
    How to combine the two 3D movies??
    Last edited by Arcansass; 20th Apr 2015 at 00:28.
    Quote Quote