VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently bought an action camera (Akaso EK7000 Action Camera Info) recording at 1080p at 60fps, 60hz, nothing special. Once I transfer the file from the Samsung 64gb micro SD card (SD Card Info *this has been formatted by the camera itself*) onto my computer (which is currently running Windows 7 on a brand new Samsung SSD SSD Info) I can view the .MP4 video perfectly fine on VLC or simply Windows Media Player. However, once I use a piece of stabilizing software called TVS (Turbo Video Stabilizer TVS Homepage) I can no longer view the video on either pieces of software, hell, I can't even recall the file back onto TVS as it is now an "Unsupported File Type" even though TVS exports a newly stabilized video as a simple .MP4 file.

I'm fairly new to the video game haha and am not sure what I can do to allow myself and others after I upload this to places like YouTube to view my stabilized videos.

Here is some stabilized test footage that I cannot open, maybe you can? Dropbox link to the .MP4 file which has been stabilized

Thank you! and nice to meet you guys!

-Jon
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Stop using TVS. POS.
    Nothing can truly fix rolling shutter, nor think rotating vertically recorded footage makes it fine as a horizontal. And if those are its claim to fame, I would never trust whatever else it is bragging about.

Btw, link doesn't work (on Android phone - and have dropbox installed).

Why are you needing to (or think you should) stabilize?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do parkour fpvs using a mouth mount for the camera, I'm a very shaky bipod.

Is there a better alternative?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You didn't provide any original footage. The TVS clip is less than 1 MB and therefore probably not a video file, unless it is only 1-3 frames long.

I would suggest you download, install, and try the Mercalli standalone stabilizer. Most people have found it to be much better than other alternatives. Also, if you do have rolling shutter problems, it has the best fix for that, although nothing will fix the problem completely.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The clip is only 10 seconds of 1080p, however that is odd. I'll try the Mercalli! Thank you!

EDIT: $120, ouch.

EDIT2: This software does a much better job than TVS!
    Last edited by NotJohnSmith; 6th Oct 2017 at 01:48.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by NotJohnSmith View Post
    The clip is only 10 seconds of 1080p, however that is odd. I'll try the Mercalli! Thank you!

EDIT: $120, ouch.

EDIT2: This software does a much better job than TVS!
    Yes, Mercalli is generally considered the best for most stabilizing projects. I've done a lot of work with various stabilizers, and a decade ago wrote a long Deshaker guide (it is a free stabilizing plugin that works with VirtualDub). I then wrote a series of scripts that automated its use within Sony Vegas Pro. Deshaker is quite good, and still has better edge correction, but Mercalli can be absolute magic.

As for the price, yes it is a lot of money if you only use is occasionally, but if you do this stuff for a living, it is pretty cheap. You may be able to find some discounts and deals if you poke around.
    Quote Quote