VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Albums like that of Kylie Minoque came out with a AVCD. Audio music combined with vcd video and music , what is this technology again or is this a new word or term for an already existing medium. How are avvcd's created with what software.
    :P
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VCD 2.0 has always supported CD-DA music.

It's just a new name.

VCD has always had a provision for cd audio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How can i now create avcd's taking kylie minoque's latest album as an example? what do i do to put together in one cd let say four music videos fisrst then after 4 audio music.

thanks

mixsurround
    Quote Quote  
  4. Again, there are no such things as "AVCD". There is "VCD" that has always supported CD-DA tracks.

You can make VCDs with CD-DA tracks with VCD Toolkit 1.0.

Are you sure that these discs are actually VCDs at all? Most audio CDs I see with additional content (e.g., weblinks or video) are actually CD Extra discs -- where the audio is written in the first session and the files are written on a second session.

Most newer CD burning proggies can make these sort of discs (e.g., Nero). You cannot make VCDs in this manner though.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well michael " avcd" are a reality. like i said kylie has one, blue and the rest of Hongkong and taiwan artist roster have it. anyway i'm really trying to find a software to do this. vcd first then the audio on

thanks anyway

mixsurround
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well mixsurround, "AVCD" as a standard doesn't exist as VCD2.0 has always supported CD-DA audio tracks after the video tracks (third time this as been mentioned in this thread) and you don't have to do any searching because if you actually read the post I did just before you'd have discovered VCD Toolkit 1.0 (by Philips) can make VCD discs with CD-DA tracks.

VCD Toolkit 1.0 has been released for download for free.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Mike

thanks a lot for the grat info I'll give it a try? Hope i can come up with something!

Mixsurround
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I am confused. Do you mean a VCD disc with audio tracks as well? Or a VCD with CD audio for the sound?

Hey virtualis can you explain to me how to downmix to Dolby Pro-Logic 2? Just kidding.
    TV Respects Me!
    Quote Quote  
  9. VCD 2.0 supports in the specs CD-DA audio tracks (i.e., like the audio tracks on an audio CD) after the video tracks. The idea being that you can pop a VCD into a CD player and play the CD-DA tracks like an audio-CD.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  10. The one major caveat to this is that many older CD players would not recognize audio data on anything but the first session of the disc, or even worse would attempt to play the first (data) session as audio which not only is most unpleasant to the ears but damaging to audio equipment. Don't know how much of an issue this is anymore, though...
    Quote Quote